Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:01:32 PM EDT
I just got back from local gun shop and he had an FR8 for sale. All #'s match, great wood, looks almost unissued. The big question is its worth.
I know that its worth whatever someone is willing to pay, but what is the rule of thumb for a FR8 in this shape?
He wants $320. for it.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that $250 is more in line.  I regret not getting one when they first flooded in.  The milsupr market is such that a product will flood in.  for a while prices will be low.  The supply will dry up and the prices keep going up.

$350 is high now but won't be in several years.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think that $250 is more in line.  I regret not getting one when they first flooded in.  The milsupr market is such that a product will flood in.  for a while prices will be low.  The supply will dry up and the prices keep going up.

$350 is high now but won't be in several years.

2-300 max,,unless he has  sling,,bayo,, orig cleaning kit in teh stock,, mint bore,, whole 9 yrds it aint 350$,,YET... BUT they are goin up inprice FAST,,, and thereis no more, what you see is what you have,, they aint shipping any over!  so  try and haggle him down,,   or wait  checkup onit every so often then brag how its just sat there and then counter with alower price lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys in the south are lucky, that seems to be where all of the FR8's landed. Over here in the south west they are as rare as hens teeth and $350 is the norm, IF you can find one.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:36:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You guys in the south are lucky, that seems to be where all of the FR8's landed. Over here in the south west they are as rare as hens teeth and $350 is the norm, IF you can find one.

once i seen what an FR8 was,,it took me 3 years to see one,, then guess what every damn show after that  had 2-3 of them!!!!    its like the dealers have been sitting on them and now  see that the market for them is going from 150$ to 300$ and they want a piece of it.   i shoulda got 2 of them,, but didnt,,and kinda kick myslef,, i like mine,,its a great lil carbine,,,  now,, i just gotta find a crappy old  trigger frame froma beat to hell turk,, a old fal or hk mag and make it have a 10-15 rnd'r  stead of 5 rnds ;p  hate to tear up the orig parts.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
It does have a bayo but thats it. Talked with him yesterday, he won't move on the price!
We have a gun show the end of this month in Savannah and will try my luck!

Thanks for your input!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top