Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 8:09:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/15/2004 8:13:48 AM EST by cloak-n-carbine]
Gentlemen, I defer to the FAL forum for your knowledge with these great guns, and therefore ask: Do original Belgian FN FALs have chrome lined bbls/chambers? Thanks in advance. Cloak

ETA: I read the topic a few threads ago, and from what it states I assume the answer to the above is "yes", but I'd like to know definitively from someone who got the scoop. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:39:10 PM EST
DSA had a run of barrels done by FN here in America a bit back. They were reported to be beautifully hammerforged and chrome lined. Back in the early 80s I purchased an FN that was chrome lined also.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:39:57 PM EST
Many STG and G1 barrels are according to a number of people on FALfiles not chrome lined.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:56:12 PM EST
The STG's are typically chromed in the chamber, not in the rest of the bore. I don't know a lot about the G1's, but I've heard that a few were fully chrome lined. They may have been arsenal reworked guns though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:43:55 PM EST
I am in the market for either an FAL or an M14 type rifle. As I am not a target shooter, and am well aware of the effects of rain water on a carbon steel barrel, I refuse to buy a gun that does not feature a chrome lined barrel.....jimmyp
Top Top