Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 8:20:08 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with these?

I've seen them around, and liked the concept... but after searching the site, only pulling up a few threads about selling them.

I had ben put off by the price, but www.arizonagunrunners.com has some much cheaper prices on them, plus an 8% discount leaves the price at about $537 for non-backbored or $564 for the backbored model.

That's more to my liking, heh.

Anyhow, can anyone think of a reason to get the non-backbored one? Those are the only ones that you can change the choke in... but I'm not really sure that's going to be that important (I cant see these really being used too well for shooting clays, etc).

Any input appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone...?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I have no experience with the Tactical model.

I do have the standard Police model though.  I bought it when they first came out a few years ago from Fulton Armory for $300.  I don't think they still sell them anymore though.

Anyway, the shotgun has been great.  The FN shotguns are basically just dressed up Winchester 1300's.

The choke system is pretty nice, at least I like it anyway.  You can pattern your shot loads the way you want them to work, and still be able to use slugs if you want.

Hopefully (come on BrobeeBiter!!!), an adapter will be made sometime soon that will accept the AR telestock for the Winchester/FN shotguns sort of like what they did for that tactical model.  I know I'm wanting one badly.

As far as the Tactical model goes, it looks pretty nice.  I'm not sure if I really dig how tall those sights are though, for a shotgun's use that is.  FWIW, I like the Wilson Combat ghost rings much better.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply.

I had missed their 12th deadline for the discount, so I was gonna wait... but now I see they extended it to July 6th, so I may still grab one.

So, when you say the choke system is pretty nice, did you mean the fixed choke, or the interchangeable ones?

That's my only concern... whether (if I get one) to go with the backbored/fixed choke, or non-bb and interchangeable choke.

I may hold out for this adaptor on a cheaper shotgun, if that'd let me get a telestock and a pistol grip, too. That's what I really liked, a telestock with a nice grip.

When you say the sights are pretty tall, would that just be a preference thing on your part, or would that effect the shooting somehow?

Thanks again
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The FN shotgun I have has an interchangeable choke system / threaded barrel.  Two chokes come from the factory, and both still allow the use of slugs.

As far as the sights being too tall, yes, that is merely personal preference on my part, but might not be for some other people.

I understand wanting the pistol grip and tele stock.  I prefer a short LOP, and I think the tele stock would be ideal for me, and allow adjusting for various situations.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
CMMG located on our EE has the FN Police shotguns for $360 I believe.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#6]
ya, the pump... not the police tactical.

CMMG = $366

What I was looking for was

CMMG = $700+

I'm still debating the backbored/changeable choke choice... If I don't grab it in time for this sale at AZ gunrunners, I'll probably hold off for a year and try to get an autoloader with more than 5 rd mag (I'm pretty optomistic the ban's dead).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top