Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2010 4:48:13 PM EDT
My boss has been asking me if i can fix his gun for a wile now and I keep telling him sure bring it in and ill take a looke at it!  Well he brought it in today and told me to take it home untill I could get it up and running.  Well you should have seen the look on my face when he took it out of the case. FNC in great condition.  I was thinking it was going to be some POS SKS or something.  but anyways here's what happend he was shooting one of his buddys reloads and it broke a pice off the bolt carrier and messed up the bolt too.  So i was hoping somone had or could help me find a bolt and carrier piston assembly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Try over at UZItalk.com they heve an FNC forum or fnforum.net
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13002
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Please tell him not to shoot reloads or cheap ammo in a $3K rifle

There is a guy that imports FNC parts, I have his card at home I bought some spare firing pins from him, Vulcan Imports is his business.  Good luck, as I bet the parts will not be cheap.

Why can't I find people like this!  I would just offer to buy it on the spot a little cheaper and fix it
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Wow those are pretty much the worst two parts to break on an FNC. I don't think bolts are even available.

Bummer.

Link Posted: 2/28/2010 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you tried calling FN? Call that guy everyone talks about when they break their FS2000s and need parts....
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, the only reliable place to get a new bolt of piston assembly is going to be to purchase a replacement FNC.  

It took me years to find two spare bolts and one spare piston assembly and I probably have close to two grand in thoes three parts alone  in order to support my full auto FNC.  

If your semi FNC is down for the count it would be better to probably just part out / sell off  the remaining good components (barrel, stock, FCG, etc) and use that money to purchase a replacement semi FNC.  You could probably get $1500 for the upper receiver/barrel alone, even with a broken bolt/carrier and a couple hundred bucks for the FCG, stock, furniture, etc.  

James
Austin, Texas

Link Posted: 3/1/2010 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
if he managed to break the bolt, i can't imagine the receiver escaping undamaged.

Link Posted: 3/2/2010 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
it didnt grenade the whole gun or anything it just broke a little metal ear off the bolt carrier.  I dont really want to give him the bad news.  

heres some things i was thinking one of my best friends it a design engineer and i was going to see if he could draw it up on the computer and i have another real good friend that runs a CNC shop and was going to ask if he would make it for me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn what a shame...  This is why my brother and both sold our FNC's long ago... just no good source for parts.  Having a weapon with no source for parts sucks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn what a shame...  This is why my brother and both sold our FNC's long ago... just no good source for parts.  Having a weapon with no source for parts sucks.

That's what keeps me from straying from long proven designs and going to the flavor of the month in weapons (or old, long out of production, low count weapons like the FNC).  When the ONLY source is something being machined from scratch, buying another rifle to scavenge from, or begging the factory and hoping they have the part, in a timely manner, and for a price that won't give me anal fissures I am NOT interested.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#12]
FNC's are hell for stout, I have shot thousands of rounds through several and my friend had a full auto for years.  The ONLY thing that breaks is the firing pin and they are $35 and readily available, and to be real clear I only saw one break and it was on a full auto.  If you shoot semi auto it is just like an AK as far as reliability and durability are concerned with better accuracy and a better stock front and rear and better sights and takes AR mags. Great weapon, wish I had kept more than one, but the one I kept is absolutely beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

<snip>

Unfortunately, the only reliable place to get a new bolt of piston assembly is going to be to purchase a replacement FNC.  

James

Austin, Texas

Yep.

Chris at Vulcan Arms doesn't even have these parts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top