Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2010 8:26:52 AM EDT
I have two trapdoors allready, I'm not too happy with the rifle, so I looked around the internet for a nicer one.....Why do yankees all want an FFL for a trapdoor??? its pre-1898 so it can go straight to my door, I got into it with a guy from maine...i should'nt have but did...I'm from NH originally and both of my trapdoors were paid and out the door, no check required..its an antique! Fuck the .gov for making dealers so paranoid. guess I'll keep looking for a better deal
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup, no FFL required for an antique rifle...can be shipped straight to the buyer's door.  Find the link for this on the BATFE website and email it to the seller...maybe that will change his mind?
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I might have to do that, the guy was so paranoid.....I'm like "dude, its an antique" I'll have to contact him again, I'm in an unfriendly area for transfers....so it keeps me from online deals, thats why I usually go CMP I have 3 M1s and two carbines
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
It's stupid CYA, that's all.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's stupid CYA, that's all.

yeah, thats why I kinda stopped the conversation with the dude...I know he was CYAing himself and I understood that...but damn! its pre1898!!! come on! getting a transfer in my area is a bitch, and it was a nice rifle, my infantry trapy is kinda beat...still shoots good
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I support the guy wanting to do the paperwork and an FFL transfer.  

I mean look...if he did not hold the line on that, first thing you know criminals would be able to easily aquire these former miltary weapons and would be using them to hold up liquor stores.  Can't have that....
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Give the guy a break, he's got ATF breathing down his neck.  That'd make me a paranoid sumbitch too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I support the guy wanting to do the paperwork and an FFL transfer.  

I mean look...if he did not hold the line on that, first thing you know criminals would be able to easily aquire these former miltary weapons and would be using them to hold up liquor stores.  Can't have that....

That would make for an entertaining video on one of those security camera shows.  Especially when the security guard shoots his ass with a "modern" Model 10 M&P from the 30s!
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#8]
actually it is against the rules for an antique to be listed and handled or transfered by a dealer in his/her "books" as a modern gun
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the one he wants [paperwork done on an original or one of the reproductions, if it is original does he know it lol.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:37:47 AM EDT
[#10]
it was an original..no doubt about it....I dropped the whole thing, gonna get one from dixie gun works
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top