Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2011 11:40:53 AM EDT
What type of FFL is require to sell ammo?

I've read several conflicting reports as to whether the purchase & sale of ammo requires a FFL permit or not. I do realize places like century do require a FFL permit for dealer pricing on ammo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I've read several conflicting reports as to whether the purchase & sale of ammo requires a FFL permit or not. I do realize places like century do require a FFL permit for dealer pricing on ammo.

None.  A Type 06 FFL is required to manufacture it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there a way to get dealer pricing on ammo without a FFL? Century arms wants a FFL to get dealer pricing.

Link Posted: 2/22/2011 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Possibly with a retail sales number and local business licensing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there a way to get dealer pricing on ammo without a FFL? Century arms wants a FFL to get dealer pricing.

maybe, maybe not. it would totally depend on who you are buying it from and what they want to do.  if they wont sell it at dealer to someone w/o an FFL then the answer is no. I bet if you were going to place a big enough order you could get good pricing.  there are no legal requirements to get dealer picing. if you can think of a way to talk yourself into good pricing then do it. that is what business is all about, negotiating.

prices are always negotiable if you can talk to the right person and you give them a reason to give you good pricing
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My best advice is to find a table top FFL who wont charge you a huge markup for ordering for you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I am will to bet that Century will give a dealers discount to a C&R FFL03.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top