Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2002 12:00:47 PM EDT
If you are only buying an upper or a lower (NOT a complete rifle), does they seller need a signed copy of the buyer's FFL before the upper or lower can be sent?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The FFL is need for a lower complete or stripped.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The lower receiver is the portion that BATF considers a firearm, so it can only be shipped to an FFL holder.   Uppers in any configuration without a lower are just parts and can be shipped without restriction.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto the above.  I've even seen some people require and FFL for some lower components.  I'm not sure if it's law or just CYA.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 12:42:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ditto the above.  I've even seen some people require and FFL for some lower components.  I'm not sure if it's law or just CYA.

This is for full auto parts and is just CYA.  No need to bring any hassles by selling M16 parts to someone who does not have an M16, then BATF comes and visits dealer checking books, etc.  Just not worth it.

mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top