Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 6:59:43 PM EDT
I'm considering getting a FAL. I've never handled one so had a couple questions. Can the bolt be disassembled without a special tool? As easy as the AR? Are there any problems with the para stock? The option of having a side folding stock is one of the things that attracts me to the FAL. Finally, how easy is it to mount optics, specifically an ACOG?

I have an M1A that I love, but they weren't designed with optics in mind, especially ACOGs. Also don't like that I have to have a special tool to disassemble the bolt.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#2]
While there are some "specialty" tools that are made for the bolt disassembly, I just use a cartridge as it was designed for.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Field stripping instructions here
www.fnfal.com/falfiles/gas.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top