Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 9:14:09 AM EDT
I'm looking at getting one but would like to be able to put a full stock (more comfortable) on it. Also just to confirm you can put a folding stock on an original full stock gun?

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:05:08 AM EDT
Technically, the rifle and the para use different recoil systems. The rifle's recoil system is in the stock and the paratrooper's recoil system is mounted in the special top cover.
Now, you can use a rifle stock with a para recoil system, and it would be easier to just change the whole lower receiver assembly. But, you can only change the rifle into a para by changing to the para recoil system.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:12:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/1/2007 10:13:08 AM EDT by Gamma762]

Originally Posted By Lon_Moer:
Technically, the rifle and the para use different recoil systems. The rifle's recoil system is in the stock and the paratrooper's recoil system is mounted in the special top cover.
Now, you can use a rifle stock with a para recoil system, and it would be easier to just change the whole lower receiver assembly. But, you can only change the rifle into a para by changing to the para recoil system.

Yep.

Easy to change from para to fixed (and just continue to use the para recoil system), more parts involved the other way around.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:47:01 PM EDT
Are there any pro/cons to either recoil system?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:04:25 PM EDT
Some say the para isn't as good as the rifle. I've not experienced any difference myself.
Top Top