Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 9:01:26 PM EST
why is it that the gas tube attached to the barrel assy. that is offered by dsarms.com appeared to be shorter than the original? pls. help...thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:15:19 AM EST
depends on which model your looking at. The original STG's did not have full length gas tubes. this eliminated the need to remove both the regulator and gas tube nut to remove the tube, but i believe they went to full length tubes due to dirt/debirs. although I cant see that that would be a problem during normal range use.

Short answer: DSA is trying to be authentic. (or possibly trying to save $)
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:08:06 PM EST
so you mean that there will be no problem even if i install a not full length gas tube?...thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:33:14 AM EST
correct
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:50:04 AM EST
thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:44:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By davidp14:
depends on which model your looking at. The original STG's did not have full length gas tubes. this eliminated the need to remove both the regulator and gas tube nut to remove the tube, but i believe they went to full length tubes due to dirt/debirs. although I cant see that that would be a problem during normal range use.

Just the opposite. The full length tubes came first, long tubes were later. The long tubes make it more cumbersome than neccessary to clean the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:45:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By patriot73:

Originally Posted By davidp14:

Just the opposite. The full length tubes came first, long tubes were later. The long tubes make it more cumbersome than neccessary to clean the rifle.

Short tubes were later, you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:49:52 AM EST
Normally a short length gas tube is soldered into the gas block and is not meant to be removed. The long length gas tubes are threaded into the gas block and held in place by a crosspin. It is quite easy to remove the long length gas tube.

Harlan
FAC
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:17:42 PM EST
and if the short gas tubes are not meant to removed...i assume that there will be no problems if i leave it as is. thank u
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:48:44 AM EST
I got mixed up sorry. I should have also mentioned that the short ones were permanent.

But you get the gist of it...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:59:17 AM EST
Top Top