Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 5:56:52 PM EDT
What is a good fair price to pay for a NEW in the box DSA STG58 16C?? This is a stock gun...no add ons. The has a 16" barrel. I'm looking at paying $1250 to 1285 out the door. I have seen 21" for around $1150  but 16" is the one I want. I just want to make sure this is not over priced. Any thoughts would be great.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is a good fair price to pay for a NEW in the box DSA STG58 16C?? This is a stock gun...no add ons. The has a 16" barrel. I'm looking at paying $1250 to 1285 out the door. I have seen 21" for around $1150  but 16" is the one I want. I just want to make sure this is not over priced. Any thoughts would be great.

$1250 sounds like a good price.  I think DSA's MSRP on the 16" STG is $1200.

I'd strongly suggest getting the 21 or 18" though.  308 is not a barn burner of a cartridge and it'll do much more for you out of a barrel longer than 16"...that is unless you already have an 18-22" barrelled battle rifle.

The rear sight on the STG is calibrated for NATO velocity ball out of the 21" barrel.  With the 16" barrel, it won't even be close.

And yes, I've shot out to 600 yards with a 21" STG and factory iron sights and get about 60-70% hits on a steel deer silhouette at that range

-David
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a good price for a new gun.

The caveat on the 16" sights being badly mis-regulated is good advice.

I much prefer the short gas system if the FAL is equipped with a 16" barrel.

The FAL is a great rifle. There is no greater advocate of the FAL than me, but since this is ARFCOM, I'll stick my neck out and recommend the DPMS LR-308-T over the FAL if you really want a 16" EBR in .308

The DPMS gun seems to sell for around $1100 at gun shows in my area.

Handy and accurate.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one FAL already that is a fully decked out...has rail..para stock etc...but would like another since I have so many mags for them. My first choice would be a RRA LAR-8 but I'm not welling to pay the price for one right now. I just want a base FAL that I can just go shoot with my buddies and not worry about it getting "mis treated"––-I treat my current FAL better then a new born baby. I figured a stg58 would be the cheapest DSA rifle for what I'm looking at. I'm not worried about the irons being the first thing to get added will be a "scope" and I'm not planing on shooting past 100 to 200 yards with this rifle. As far as DPMS...I have a SASS on order and that is going to be the only DPMS I plan to own.  

So I take it this price isn't way over the top. Sounds like I'll be sending out the check in the morning then. Thanks for the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top