Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2012 12:22:15 PM EDT
It's been a few weeks since I've been down to the Armory , and I notice there's a separate forum for Ruger Center fire . . . . but no Remington

or Savage

or Sako

or Winchester

or . . . . . . .

Is Ruger a site sponsor or something ?

Disclaimer*** I did a search and came up with squat so if this has been beat to fracking death already , could someone post a link to the thread ?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
users of those firearms asked for and showed enough enough support for the forums. The Ruger forum in particular was deserved, because any time some one asked a legit question the thread was quickly hijacked when someone would take a shit in the thread.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
That makes sense Bob ...... I guess .

So any other bolt gun questions get directed to precision rifles and anything , like , say , a 760 Rem . . . just gets asked in Firearms GD ?

I just think it's odd there's no Remington-specific forum
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
People asked for a Ruger forum because they got tired of other folks calling out Bill Ruger for the traitorous scumbag that he was. They all hide in there with their guns made with the blood money of our forefathers.
Same deal with SIG, although they are just a little embarrassed about owning a SIG I think. Kinda like the Armalite/AR10 crowd.

In short its the folks that want to live in their own little world of delusion, where they can say stupid shit like "people badmouth the SCAR because they cant afford one", "AR10s have a bad reputation because everyone has been calling all those other 308 ARs that were made in the '90s AR10s" and not have to deal with the fallout such remarks inevitably attract.

ETA: seems folks aren't getting it. the question is "why all these subforums for some brands and not others?" My response was intended to be a tongue-in-cheek example of the BS that went on that led to requests for subforums. Hence all the smiley faces and over-the-top-ness. If ya'll drama queens want to argue this stupid crap, have at it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I didnt think the crap was tolerated very long outside GD
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That makes sense Bob ...... I guess .

So any other bolt gun questions get directed to precision rifles and anything , like , say , a 760 Rem . . . just gets asked in Firearms GD ?

I just think it's odd there's no Remington-specific forum

If you think there should be remington, show staff that there is demand and someone willing to moderate it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
People asked for a Ruger forum because they got tired of other folks calling out Bill Ruger for the traitorous scumbag that he was. They all hide in there with their guns made with the blood money of our forefathers.
Same deal with SIG, although they are just a little embarrassed about owning a SIG I think. Kinda like the Armalite/AR10 crowd.

In short its the folks that want to live in their own little world of delusion, where they can say stupid shit like "people badmouth the SCAR because they cant afford one", "AR10s have a bad reputation because everyone has been calling all those other 308 ARs that were made in the '90s AR10s" and not have to deal with the fallout such remarks inevitably attract.

Interesting.  Please provide the facts behind the treason charge against Bill Rger.
He lobbied congress for a magazine ban. He also is on record saying:
"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun."
"I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock."
"I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."
Reference

ETA: You asked. Trolling for "facts" then dismissing them when presented as "wrong" and calling it thread hijack is pretty lame.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I like Ruger firearms, well some of them but I have to admit Bill Ruger was an ass.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like Ruger firearms, well some of them but I have to admit Bill Ruger was an ass.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

this.

The reason for the sub forum was people were so incredibly tired of threads about the mini 14 in GFD. That and this being a sight dedicated to the AR, people had a tendency to shit in the mini 14 threads.

I say good freakin riddance to them (the mini 14 lovers).
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

Yeah , I agree . . . . but how long has the lefty been dead now ? 10 years?

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you think there should be Remington, show staff that there is demand and someone willing to moderate it.

Fair 'nuff

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think there should be Remington, show staff that there is demand and someone willing to moderate it.

Fair 'nuff

All the remington love is in the precision rifle forum and nobody really talks a lot about their hunting rifles

What's left? pump action rifles? GTFO
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#15]
not worth the trouble

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.  Please provide the facts behind the treason charge against Bill Rger.

A person can be a traitor without being guilty of treason. The elected officials and their appointees who make and enforce laws contrary to the U. S. Constitution are guilty of treason. Bill was was a Fudd, and and enemy of the individual right to bear arms. I don't know if he ever supported the individual right to bear arms in such a way that his Fuddish statements were a betrayal.

eta: raf, I didn't see your above comment until after I'd submitted this reply. I'll be quiet and let this topic get back on track now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Speaking of which, my answer to whether or not a new forum should be created is always the same: Demonstrate sufficient interest.
Doing so is as follows:  Create a topic in GD Firearms on whether or not a Remington forum should be created.  (I assume you are referring to modern Remington firearms, which are pretty much exclusively rifles, No?)  Include in the topic a POLL with YES, NO, and DON'T CARE choices.
I will monitor the thread, and take the pulse of the community.  No fair bumping the thread; let it sink or swim on its' own merits.  Fair enough?

Like I said , sounds fair to me . I was curious regarding the reason for the odd Ruger forum , that's all .

Quoted:
not worth the trouble

Pretty much
I have no desire to lobby for another forum here as it took me about a year of nagging to get the 'Gunsmithing' forum started . . . . nor do I have any desire to moderate said forum .

Carry on

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top