Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/6/2007 4:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2007 7:50:02 AM EDT by mco119]
Hey guys. Did all FALs except the Austrain STG-58 have humpback stocks? The original 50.00 series had a humpback stock correct? On a sidenote-are the Imbel varients more or less exact replicas of the original Belgian design (minus the non-milled receiver)?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/6/2007 5:18:23 PM EDT
My older DSA SA-58(1998) was factory assembled with Austrian parts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:51:56 AM EDT
Guess there aren't too many people who know about FALs on this board

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:07:03 PM EDT
DSA's are STG58 patterned. Only their US Made Synthetic handguards are Belgian style.
Austria didn't use synthetic guards. Although they really should have, those steel suckers get to damn hot. Belgian guards are a highly advised upgrade IMO.

Stocks & Handguards are interchangeable.

Personally, I like the Belgian Humpback and Handguards the best.
Then change the Flash Hider to clone the 50.00.

I think Venezuela contract used the STG58 pattern with Belgian Humpback and Belgian Combo Device. But still had the Sheet Metal handguards. With 90 NATO countries wanting their own features, The FAL was adapted in virtually every combination you could think of.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:18:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CGWco:
DSA's are STG58 patterned. Only their US Made Synthetic handguards are Belgian style.
Austria didn't use synthetic guards. Although they really should have, those steel suckers get to damn hot. Belgian guards are a highly advised upgrade IMO.

Stocks & Handguards are interchangeable.

Personally, I like the Belgian Humpback and Handguards the best.
Then change the Flash Hider to clone the 50.00.
I think Venezuela contract used the STG58 pattern with Belgian Humpback and Belgian Combo Device. But still had the Sheet Metal handguards. With 90 NATO countries wanting their own features, The FAL was adapted in virtually every combination you could think of.

Another ignorant question, but here goes: are we talking about the short Belgain style FH that comes with DSA SA-58s, or are you referring to something else?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:27:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mco119:
Another ignorant question, but here goes: are we talking about the short Belgain style FH that comes with DSA SA-58s, or are you referring to something else?

Yes, The Short Belgian Combo Device.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:16:00 PM EDT
My original "pre ban" Belgium FN 50.00 has the hump back stock, and my DSA SA58 Congo has the straight stock. I prefer the humpback, as it seems to provide me a much better cheek weld for the iron sights.
Top Top