Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/11/2006 1:01:42 PM EST
Wherre do they come from

are these bren mags? If so are they modified?
who makes them for the FAL?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:46:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 1:48:59 PM EST by Eagle20]
30 round Straight Fal Metric mags that i have seen are South Africian

30 round Straight inch L2A1 mags are Canadian C1 mags

30 round Curved inch L4A1 mags are Bren mags - ones i have are stamped - Magazine 7.62MM L4A1 9600089 D72

30 round curved metric mags are converted Bren L4A1 inch Mags - by machining the front lock tab.

I think i got this correct .. if not someone let me know


Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:59:13 PM EST
Is it hard to modify a bren mag to fit a metric fal?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:59:10 PM EST
There is no need to modify Bren mags for use in Metric FALs. DSA sells them for $30 a piece if you buy two or more. I have them; they work in my Metric FAL. The modification seems to be primarily making the front lip smaller and perhaps grinding down the rectangular piece of metal it sits on. But others probably can give a better answer.

Top Top