Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 6:43:35 PM EDT
There have been a lot of talk about the FAB10 over the last few months, but I have never seen a range report on how well the gogogadgets system works.  Could someone who purchased one give use a report on how hard it was to load these receivers, and if they would recommend any particular take down pins, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
On Tuesday I will pick up my Cobray m-12, Armscor AK22 and my FAB 10 lower I am going to take it out to the range next saturday. I will make sure to give a full report.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool,
Mines coming in on the 9th, although I think should have asked this question earlier before buying the lower.  I spent $249 for the striped lower, hope you did better than I did.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I spent the same price at M&N Armory in Fremont they wanted $499.99 for a complete lower that's 250 for a parts kit installed. I know how to install the parts myself and I spent 65 bucks for a DPMS lower parts kit. I am not trying to give M&N a bad rap though I love them they sell hard to find stuff. Like FAB 10's
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
At least your place carried it…
I spent the last 5 days trying to arrange for my local dealer to receiver it.
So now my 10 day waiting period begins.  Well it’s probably better this way, gives me some time before the RRA stuff gets here.  I was thinking about using DPMS for the lower parts kit, heard a lot of good things about them but.  But in the end decided to go with RRA because the rest of the rifle is going to be RRA, at least at this time – if I don’t get my stuff by the end of the 10 day waiting period I’m going to have to look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Just FYI it took 3 weeks after my order was placed for my Dealer to receive my FAB 10. Hopefully your dealer already has yours. M&N trys to stock them but they sell out fas t(very fast).
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm waiting until after our local gunshow this weekend then I'll order one. I talked with a Lady (his wife?) about their business (GOGOGADGETS). She was real nice and helpful. Sounds like he could wind up with his hands full as the orders keep coming in. Does anyone know if this lower will be accepted at Highpower matches (NRA, etc.)? I figured if I get one together I'd start shooting at the local gunclub that allows rifles. They also have John C. Garand matches so I may have to get one of those CMP M1's also.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I finally picked up my FAB-10 receivers on Sunday from my FFL.  I tried fitting them with my bushmaster uppers and boy is it TIGHT!!!  

I had to use a punch and hammer to get the rear take-down pins in and out of the receiver.  I ordered the extended take-down pin from watsons weapons and that didn't help neither because the pin was in there so tight.  

However, my 2nd lower receiver fit just fine.  It was a bit tight but you can still use your fingers to get the pins out.  

I think I will need to dremel the holes a little bigger so I can get the pins out easier.  I would hate to carry a punch and hammer w/ me to the range just so I can reload.

No range report yet but the receiver fits both of my bushmaster M4 uppers just fine...except one with the exceptionally tight fitting.

I will take it out to the range next weekend and post a range report.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
wdigeorge,

PLEASE DON'T DREMEL THE RECEIVER!

If you're gonna' modify something, polish the takedown pin and/or deburr the rear takedown pin detent. If you make a mistake and fubar the receiver, well it could be a pretty expensive mistake.

And to all those who have e-mailed me for a range report, I'm working on it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
DOH!  I already did it!  J/K!  I didn't do anything to it.  I emailed Craig to and asked him what I should do to get the takedown pin to go in/out more smoothly.  

What do you use to polish the takedown pin?  The pin will go in/out just fine w/o the upper...and it fits through the hole on the upper just fine too so the cause is a mis-alignment of the upper and the lower.  It is very very slight...less than 1 mm I think.  It looks to me like the holes are aligned but it is off center just enough that you need to use a hammer to tap it in and to tap it out.

I try not to too anything too drastic to it since I am new to firearms.  Maybe I'll take it to a local gun smith and have him look at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top