Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/18/2006 2:52:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 2:54:41 PM EDT by colt_sniper]
OK guys i need some advise....... I have a chance to pick up a FA91 .... less then 1000 rounds down the pipe , for $450... its a true federal arms receiver ( no welds ) so i dont think the monekeys at Century arms did any WECSOGing to it...

Here is where i need the help..

it has the fluted chamber, and i know its rough on the brass... but i dont reload, so that is not a issue for me.. I did have one of the older PTR-91 rifles , and after say 2 mags through it, it become a single shot... would not eject, or chamber a round.. unless you did it manually.. the brass kept sticking in the chamber area..

Will the FA91 do the same thing , since it has the fluted chamber area? is there any easy fix it that will be the case?

Is the FA91 worth buying , or should I RUN AWAY??

Thanks for any help you can offer!

COLT!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:22:14 PM EDT
They're fugly, but both of mine run like champs.

What's the serial # range on the one you're looking at?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:47:12 PM EDT
I have one and it runs all day. If you take a little time and sand the roughness of the receiver down, it looks 10,000% better. The integrated weaver rail is super nice. Takes the mount out of the equation for scopes. Mine shoots about 1.75" at 100 with a bushnell elite 10x40. Picked mine up for $400 ftf with a friend and it came with all HK internals, 3 mags, and a sling. Pretty nice gun for what it costs.
Top Top