Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 10:47:19 PM EDT
Could someone help me identify which eyepiece is on the left and right?  They both seem to function identical to me as far as the eye relief is concerned, but they obviously look a bit different.  The eyepiece lens on the right also sits closer to the edge, whereas the one on the left is slightly more recessed.  Also, if I were to swap one out just for the sake of having matching eyepieces, is this something I could do myself or are special tools needed?  Thanks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45859785/eyepiece.jpg
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:24:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The eyepieces should just unscrew. Getting two of the same will avoid an issue with having three different ones, then resell the ones you originally had :)

Setting the diopter is a little out of the ordinary, but most of the time you will get away with just setting them by eye.

Regards

David
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Like David said. The only thing I have to add is PVS-14 lenses are the same size. If you want to use this as a ground based unit simply replace the Anvis ocular lenses with 14 ones. You will now have threaded ocular lenses that will take eyecups and demist shields.

Anvis ocular lenses were designed to not use eyecups, they have no threads. They also have generous eye relief. The reason is simple, so the pilot can look down at his gauges or wear eyeglasses. Anvis scopes come in many flavors with different objective lenses for various cockpit lighting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top