Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2002 8:31:44 PM EDT
That's how I felt after buying my first M1911A1.  In the 80's I saved my money until I could afford an Auto Ord 1911 which I purchased on my 21st birthday.  I took it to the range and shot less than 50 shells before the slide simply locked up in mid-cycle.  I had to replace the main-spring cap, main-spring and main-spring guide with USGI parts before it would function again.

Many years later I bought some Tommyguns from Auto Ord.  One worked fine and the other was a POS.  I'd like to tell them to "take a hike!"

How about you.

P.S.  I'm sick of firearms manufacturers taking advantage of the shooting public.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:13:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, when it comes to guns, it's up to you to do your homework.  There's a reason those Auto Ord guns cost less...

-Troy

although, hopefully that will change now that kahr has purchased auto ord.  anyone played with the new auto ord stuff?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:25:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have seen where nasty letters have worked wonders.......mfg`s don`t like people talking down thier products......especially if they frequent a site such as this.......
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:31:22 AM EDT
[#4]
There are only two levels of quality available:
"the best.... then all the rest"

For my 1911s and ARs I'll spend a little more to go with the innovator not the imitator every time.

Colt

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Schnert,  I also bought an Auto-Oddnance back in the 80's.  At the time I was an FFL and bought it from Davidson's for $264.99.  Fit and finish were OK.  I had to call them back to ask for a replacement barrel.  I told them I wanted a 45 cal. and not a smooth bore.  Yep, no rifling at all.  After that I have shot the thing for about 14 years and it is accurate and never jams.  All reloads I have done myself.  And I bet I can still get my money out of it, 1980 dollars of course.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a Colt 1911 series 70 Govt. for $349 in 1981. (my 21st birthday). It was perfect then, is perfect now, and will be perfect 100yrs from now. The difference between my Colt and a knock off is it keeps going up in value....not down.

SHBAC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top