Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2016 10:59:33 PM EDT
i finally got my Esstac Trimmed Bush chestrig in the mail and i love it. the quality is amazing and the material used is awesome as well.

with the chestrig i also got the padded harness. the "issue" i have with it is getting it on and off because one of the buckles for the harness is in (what i think) a rather difficult spot to reach, btw im 5'-9" 155lbs and fairly limber. right now i have the rig set up to sit in the middle of my torso, basically as high as i can get it without knocking a tooth out while drawing a magazine. I cant imagine someone slightly less flexible than me getting that buckle on without assistance from another person, hell, i even had a lot of trouble putting it on today with winter clothes. am i doing something wrong?

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:59:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Split-front FTW
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 3:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Split-front FTW
View Quote

Love my split front brush boar.  Well worth the money.

Can't help the OP though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
[i][/i]What about just pulling it over your head like a sweater, might require a bit of adjustment, but that might solve the issue to a degree.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Just pull it over your head and only worry about attaching the waist strap
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Replace it with an ITW GT-Cobra Buckle?  Easier to pop and secure than Fastex.   But, about $13.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just pull it over your head and only worry about attaching the waist strap
View Quote

i tried that. but the way i have it adjusted it wont go past my shoulders that way. i feel quite retarded having to make a thread about this
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
The padded harness really works better with a split front version of the Trimmed bush or any of the Boar/ BushB series. Unfortunately you may just have to deal with it when donning and doffing the rig. What really matters is how it carries and rides while on the body and in use. I wouldn't be as concerned about how hard it is to get on. I know its a PITA but how it rides is so much more important. You might also try dropping it down some to ride a little lower, like just above the belt line.
Remember, The BOAR Series rigs ride way different than any other rig you have probably run in the past. With internal mag pouches that bend the rig around your body you could afford to drop it some and not get the "bouncing" affect when you run, like other rigs do. Hence you can ride it in a more comfortable position.
cp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top