Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 6:03:22 PM EDT
just looking for any info Essential Arms.
I have two car 15 config rifles.
I know there out of business and thats about all.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Essential Arms

"All are Pre-Ban as they went out of business in 1993. (DPMS bought them prior to the Ban). Lower receiver serial numbers begin with EA. Some or all lowers are cast. Light gray coloring. It is rumored that Ruger investment casted the lowers for Essential Arms."

I believe that Essential Arms only sold lowers, no complete rifles. Therefore one must prove that the rifle was assembled in an AW configuration before 9/13/94 to be grandfathered as an AW.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Correction: DPMS bought Essential Arms tooling, not the company. All lowers are cast.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#3]
E.A. lowers whose numbers & letters that are perfectly aligned are/were cast by Ruger, those lowers whose letters & numbers that appear misaligned are cast by an unknown casting company in Texas, also Ruger cast lowers are sorta grey/green-black, the Texas lowers are more black.....

& somewhere someone told me the S/Ns do not go above 25,000..., i have one & its S/N is 4xxx made in 1988......

actually my friend do a search here on Essential Arms & a whole buncha stuff comes up

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two Essential Arms lowers, and both are in the 32000 range serial number wise..
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The highest EA serial # I've seen was 45,xxx that was purchased sometime in 1992.....
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:09:22 AM EDT
[#6]
tangent & others,

45,xxx is interesting because they never made that many, so they had to skip some numbers or never done the sequential thyngy.....
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Essential Arms did not sell complete rifles, but did sell kits.  They sold everything except barrels.  

I saw them at gun shows a number of times, spoke with them... very nice folks.

Most of their receivers were gray, like the original M16, about the color of USGI mags.  Toward the end they began to make black.

Yes, on the Ruger investment casting, and other place in TX, as per Cactus Jack.

The lowers bore the model number "J-15".
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Back before the ban...I built three AR's using EA lowers..never had any lower related problems...I was very happy with them...wish that I still had them....they were high quality...
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#10]
BeerCop,

i agree, that is why i bought a rifle A2 type, spare 16" upper & colap. stock from a fellow ho thot it was junk..., got it all for $900.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top