Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 11:09:24 AM EDT
I have handled Eotechs before, and recently got a chance to shoot an AR with one mounted.  Its a n-i-c-e CQB sight.  The only thing stopping me from buying one is they are butt-UGLY (never said I was practical).  Anyone else think so??
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they look better than the Aimpoint "tube".

Looks like a black T.P. roll on the rifle.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think they look better than the Aimpoint "tube".

Looks like a black T.P. roll on the rifle.

Av.

LOL

they match the AR.  it's an ugly rifle.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Here be beauty:
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
What type of flip up rear sight is that?

I've been looking for one to go with my EOTech.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]

looks like an ARMS #40

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it's a GG&G.  I've got the #40 and mine looks different than that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a couple more beaut's:
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]

i think you are right sample

my mistake

it does look like a gg@g A-2 BUIS

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I know the Eotech is a fine sight, but man, I think they look big and bulky and the reticle is so grainy!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#10]
The EOTech is only grainy if you don't adjust the intesity of the dot.

I was playing with Aimpoints and EOTechs and noticed the same thing. Once I turned down the intesity of the dot, it became nice and crisp.

I like the 1 MOA dot alot better than the 4 MOA that Aimpoint has. Plus, I don't have the "tunnel vision" that the Aimpint seemed to give me.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What type of flip up rear sight is that?

I've been looking for one to go with my EOTech.

Av.

Sorry I didn't get back here sooner.  The backup sight is a GG&G A2 BUIS.

Having the EOTech for a while now, I can say, its an excellent sight.  It encourages both-eyes-open shooting.  When you do this, the front sight base fades and your field of vision opens, and that circle and dot spell sweet success.  A lot of photos of SpecOps I've seen lateley have EOTechs.  As Avalon1 sez, the key is to back the brightness down to the minimum that you can easily see in your current lighting conditions.  Then its crisp and sharp.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The EOTech is only grainy if you don't adjust the intesity of the dot.

I was playing with Aimpoints and EOTechs and noticed the same thing. Once I turned down the intesity of the dot, it became nice and crisp.

I like the 1 MOA dot alot better than the 4 MOA that Aimpoint has. Plus, I don't have the "tunnel vision" that the Aimpint seemed to give me.

Av.

No, the EoTech reticle is grainy at all settings. Well, more grainy than the reticles in Refelx and Aimpoint anyway. Granted, if you have it turned up higher than you need it to be, it is MORE grainy if it is turned to the propper intensity, but even then it is grainy compared to the others.

Really, not complaining about the EoTech, I know it is a fine sight. But the reticle is grainy compared to others. And if you feel the Aimpoint gives off a TUBE effect, you are not forward mounting it like you should be . Another thing I didnt like about the EoTech, limited mounting options, and VERY few (exactly one!) forward mount available... i.e. the carry handle mount.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Another thing I didnt like about the EoTech, limited mounting options, and VERY few (exactly one!) forward mount available... i.e. the carry handle mount.

You forgot the RAS.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#14]
You dont want to mount a Eotech to an RAS/RIS, FF RAS, Oly FIRSH, C-More handguard or any other rail handguard EXCEPT the new ARMS SIR or even newer RAS II. There are EXTENSIVE discussions about why not in the optics and mounts forum. That top rail just is not stable enough to hold a zero. Maybe on a range gun, but not on a general purpose type duty rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top