Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2005 6:34:21 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with an Eotech mounted on an M14? I am considering mouting one on my M14 using an ARMS 18 mount.  I heard there may be some problems with case ejection, but I have not actually heard from onyone having such a problem.
MB
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be just fine. Those problems you are hearing about are few and far between, not to mention more likely due to faulty parts.
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an Eotech on my favorite AR-15 and it is a really fine peice of equipment. I have several red dots and although it is the most expensive, it is by far the best. I recommend it highly.

I don't have it mounted on my Socom. I think the SOCOM is more of an 'iron sights' rifle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I had trouble with that same setup re head position.  It will work, but it's just a little too heads up for me and uncomfortable.....but given the line of sight it's perfect on my AR flattop!

Quoted:
Does anyone have any experience with an Eotech mounted on an M14? I am considering mouting one on my M14 using an ARMS 18 mount.  I heard there may be some problems with case ejection, but I have not actually heard from onyone having such a problem.
MB

Link Posted: 5/1/2005 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Used my aimpoint on my M1A barrel rail mount mount and loved it
much easier to walk and shoot with
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Used my aimpoint on my M1A barrel rail mount mount and loved it
much easier to walk and shoot with

Which model Aimpoint are you using. Inquiring minds what to know!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#6]

I love it!

You may want a comb riser. I don't mind it because the normal cheek weld gives you a clear sight pic with the irons. Raise your head a little and you have the Eo.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/SOCOM.jpg

I love it!

You may want a comb riser. I don't mind it because the normal cheek weld gives you a clear sight pic with the irons. Raise your head a little and you have the Eo.

Who make's your sling?

TIA
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/SOCOM.jpg

I love it!

Who make's your sling?

TIA

The sling is a GILES, but I'll probably switch to a Specter Gear in the future. The reason is becasue I just mounted a CJ Weapons Striker-14 RAS on and added a KAC sling swivel to the front.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:50:40 AM EDT
[#9]
The logic behind red dot sights is that cheek weld wouldn't be an issue.  they weren't menat to be precision aiming devices; they are more for snap shots and I find them perfect for that purpose.  If you need the weld, get one of the Eagle stock packs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The logic behind red dot sights is that cheek weld wouldn't be an issue.  they weren't menat to be precision aiming devices; they are more for snap shots and I find them perfect for that purpose.  If you need the weld, get one of the Eagle stock packs.

I agree. However, the lack of cheek weld seems to be the chief complaint by some....so i just mention it to forewarn.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
For me the cheek weld is an issue. I like my red dots down as low as possible(my scopes too) and even better if you can co-witness the irons with them. The closer you get them to the iron sights height, the more natural the rife shoulders and the easier it is to shoot with, especially snap shooting. I never understood putting any scope on the M1A's/M14's until the Scout/SOCOM models came along. (even they are a little too high, but WAY better than the rear mounted mounts.) With the rear mounted scope, its mounted way to high for any kind of comfortable or natural shooting. The added cheek piece helps, but still is not natural and then most force your head to high to use the iron sights if you can see thru the mount.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to think the scopes were too high on the M14 family. I just didn't notice it on the one I shot last week-end. Granted, I was just blasting, but the scope didn't feel akward at all. I think a red-dot would be fine, especially with a scout mount. When I get an M14 I think it might get one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks to all for the replys. I tried an EOTECH, and it did not feel quite right so I went with an Aim Point, and a set of Aim Point low rings.  Moved the sight as far forward as I could on my ARMS 18 mount, and all looks good.
MB
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#14]
hepcat, what mount is that?  Sorry but I am a bit of a noob when it comes to M1A accessories.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
hepcat, what mount is that?  Sorry but I am a bit of a noob when it comes to M1A accessories.

SMITH ENTERPRISE, INC. M14 / M1A See-Thru M-1913 Picatinny Mount
NSN: 5855-01-506-5750

Clicky clicky

BTW, I moved the mount to my TRW M1A Standard for my Nightforce 2.5-10.

The SOCOM still has the 512.....I'll post pics later.....
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Ill be using a russian Kobra sight on my M1A Loaded whenever the KAC rail gets in, also using the rail platform for a IOR 10x42 scope.  If I had one Id opt for an Aimpoint over any other red dot unit, but thats me.  Ive got the Kobra so thats what Ill be using.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top