Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:06:24 AM EDT
I found an entreprise receiver in a gunshop today for 329.00.

Are these reliable and accurate to spec? What type of build kit would be the easiest to assemble and would require the least WESCOG work?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:10:35 AM EDT
Pow,

I'd walk away from this one. Most experienced builders won't touch entreprise receivers. Some folks have had mixed to good results but, they do not seem to be the rule. Issues that come to mind are out of spec mag wells and atrocious feed ramp geometry.

The best option for a build now seems to be DSarms. They currently make type I or II receivers(III's discontinued). Imbel only makes III's and they have dried up with import bans and some folks are trying to charge more for them than NEW DSA's which also count as one of your compliance parts.
Dan Coonan(DCI receivers) are cast and of good quality but, have been out of production for a while. Dan is supposed to be ramping up for production but, I haven't heard a timetable or price estimate as of yet.

Given current prices, you'd prob save money by locating a used DSA STG58 in cherry shape and customizing to fit your req's

HTH,

Blitz
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:15:51 PM EDT
I have built 3 entreprise receivers in the past mainly because it was all I could get my hands on. If you don't mind some possible minor tinkering to downright serious machine work they can be made usable.
One required the charging lug slot to be finished to size and the worst one required removing about .025 from the front of it as it was not square with the threads and making a inch style breeching washer.
I would say avoid it unless you don't mind some work. Some people have had ones work great out of the box but so far I have not been that lucky. Save your bucks for a DSA and save some headaches.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:11:47 AM EDT
Thanks for the heads up. I believe that the DSAs are just as economical. I guess the days of the $100 FAL recievers are long gone.

I kick myself for not buying one 2 years ago.

thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:35:22 PM EDT
Military Gun Supply has FAL Receivers from Century Arms for $199.95! Any input on the quality of the receiver?
www.mgsdfw.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=FIFALCEREC
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:15:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 12:17:11 AM EDT by Coopmandu]

Originally Posted By savgun:
Military Gun Supply has FAL Receivers from Century Arms for $199.95! Any input on the quality of the receiver?
www.mgsdfw.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=FIFALCEREC

junk Go here
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:31:26 AM EDT
Newwer Enterprise, have had few issues, I built an Imbel kit on a Type 2 and had zero problems. Went together in 50min, tight upper/lower lockup. Very pleased with it.

Bill
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:15:50 PM EDT
I built 3 on Entreprise, which is local to me.

ZERO problems, either with the builds or with function in the three years since.

But maybe I just don't know as much as those who won't touch them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:19:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:10:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:56:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By medicmandan:
For that price I wouldn't touch it. I think I paid $200 for my Entreprise receiver. It required very little adjusting to make it all fit. I polished up a few pieces so they would slide easier, but that was it. Barrel timed perfectly. I have no complaints.

I agree and can add that Entreprise does not offer dealer discounts so anything in stock will either be a wash for the dealer or you are paying more than if you bought directly from Entreprise.

By the way, Dan, I'll be done with your tools in the next week or so.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:59:44 PM EDT
Top Top