Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2003 3:41:09 PM EDT
O.K., I have an excelent condition Inch kit that I squirreled away a couple years ago and now want to build into a complete gun. Only problem is, no one is making an authentic inch reciever but Entreprise. Been doing my homework over on the FalFiles and seems that Entreprise has had some serious quality control problems in the past. Even though they have a lifetime warranty and seem to send a replacement without any hassles, I can't see spending $375.00 on a reciever that I have a 50/50 chance (reported by others) that I might have to exchange because it's FUBARed.

Most of the reports of quality control problems seem to be a little dated, so I was wondering if anyones had any recent experience with Entrepise L1A1 recievers. I would have asked over on the FalFiles but for some reason my account isn't functioning and I know many members here also hang out over there.

I'd really like this to be an authentic build. I don't want to use a CIA reciver because no matter how good they may have gotten, they will never have any resale value, and my kits just to nice to do that to. I've thought about getting a FAC/Coonan metric reciever and modifying it to use an inch charging handle and top cover. But it still wouldn't have the authentic lightening cut on the side of the reciever or be able to use inch magazines. The magazines I could probably live without as metrics are cheaper anyway. Man I wish Coonan would make an inch reciever, there is deffinately a demand for them. It couldn't be that hard to modify his recievers during the production process (before heat treating) to run a batch.

Need some advice guys, take a chance on an Entreprise (if quality has come back up to standard), buy a Coonan and make some modifications, or wait and see if Coonan will make and honest inch pattern reciever.

Wpns Man  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The last Ent. inch rec. I bought was just fine. The front face was a bit rough but did not turn out to be a problem. Barrel timed properly and the gun functions perfectly. I have two more on order and if they are as good as the last one I will be happy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:55:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the good news,

I'd heard their quality was back to spec, just wanted to make sure. According to many on FalFiles, within the last year or so you had a 50/50 chance on getting a out of spec receiver from them. This statistic does not instill much confidence. I'd expect a return rate like this from Hesse or Century on a sub $200.00 receiver, but not on a $375 plus one.

Are they currently shipping these, or is there a back log. If so, how long is the current wait. Thanks again for the good news, I really want this build to be authentic as possible and Entreprise seems to be the only game in town.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in the same boat about a year ago, ordered one of the L1A1 receivers, and eagerly awaited it's arrival.

Since I work at a gunshop, I opened it up on arrival, inspected one oft he poorest excuses for machine work I've had the pleasure of seeing, boxed it back up, sent it back and called them and got my money back.

Can we say drunk monkeys with power tools?  The thing looked far worse than any Hesse receiver I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:52:29 AM EDT
[#4]
You might want to check out the FAC discussion at the files.  Harlan has hinted that Coonan will eventually build an inch reciever.  If it does happen, I think you are still several months away from seeing the product.  It might be worth a post at the files to ask Harlan about the status of this.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info, I'd have replied earlier but I've been out of the net (on the road at work) for the last couple of weeks.

Templar, a year or so ago falls into the 50/50 QC time period I'd read about before, but thanks for the input. I was really looking for first hand experiance from the last 2-6 months.

cliffy109, Yeah I really wish Coonan would go ahead and run a batch of Inches. I'd love to put in my .02 over on the "files" but my account still won't let me post. I can log in but that's it, even after I emailed them. Maybe they haven't received any of my emails or they don't open their administrator's in box very often. That's really starting to pi#&! me off, as It's been over a month.... Aaargh!

Wpns Man  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top