Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 1:30:56 PM EDT
This may be a totally lame question but, what is a "3 lug" barrel on a HK or HK clone?

I have been wanting to get one for a while and have been reading the rants on all of the clones out there and may try a Bobcat from Atlantic Firearms.

I noticed the BW 5 Standard vs. the BW FSA has different barrels in that it says the FSA has a 3 lug barrel.  Besides the fact that one has a fake supressor(which I don't want / need due to it will be a SBR eventually anyway) and a 30 round mag, what is the difference?

Thanks for bearing w/ me.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The 3 lug barrel, or 3 lug adapter, is a quick attach/detatch feature used for affixing suppressors.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow where do you find a 3 lug adapter like that it would look goodon my Kel-Tec PLR-16
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're planning to SBR it, get the FSA model.  The fake suppressor is only pinned on for legality. If you remove the suppressor the barrel is only 8.75 inches long IIRC. You can remove it yourself very easily.  Don't remove the suppressor until you get you're paperwork back from the ATF.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow where do you find a 3 lug adapter like that

trosusa
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep it will look good on this.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
just looked at the sight no adapters for 5.56
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The 3 lug barrel, or 3 lug adapter, is a quick attach/detatch feature used for affixing suppressors.

So is it still threaded to attach threaded suppressors to?  What I mean is does the 3 lug piece attach to the barrel while the other end is threaded to accept a suppressor?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What I mean is does the 3 lug piece attach to the barrel while the other end is threaded to accept a suppressor?

The adapters are threaded inside to screw on the barrel, the can attatches (push on and twist) via the 3 lugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top