Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 7:29:06 PM EDT
Have a chance to buy an Egyptian AK with a 30rd and 10 rd mag for $150. Fair condition. Pistol grip, but no bayoned or brake. Worth the money? Thanks.

Well , I bought the goofy thing, and it shoots like a champ. 3" right and low, and after I got the sks sight adjuster after it it shoots to point of aim at 25 yards , and cycles perfectly. Not bad for $150. These AK's are like an ugly dog, they kind of grow on you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I would buy it for that and I am not particularly fond of AK's. I do not currently own one.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy it, or let me know where it's at!  A friend bought a new one for $175 last summer.  He fired about 400 rounds without problem through it without cleaning or greasing it.  He literally took it out of the box and started wasting ammo.  The only problem with it was that the magwell was much too tight.  We later found-out Classic Arms in Charlotte, NC converted it from a single-stack to a double-stack.  You can easily tell if that will be a problem by inserting the 30 round mag that comes with it.z
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I need  to look at this one and see who the importer is. It seems like it would be worth the money as a truck gun, (so some thief wouldn't steal my AR). I'm mainly trying to find out if they are safe to shoot. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I would jump on it for $150!

medcop
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 3:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Be careful of the front sight.  Many of the Maadie AKs had the threads ground off and the front sight was bent in the process.  I can not get mine to print using the sights.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I would buy it for that price.  I had one for a while and paid quite a bit more than that.  My front sight was canted and the gun would not zero correctly.  For $150 I would grab it.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Be careful of the front sight.  Many of the Maadie AKs had the threads ground off and the front sight was bent in the process.  I can not get mine to print using the sights.

What threads were ground off? On the barrel for the muzzle brake? Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top