Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:27:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 1:47:07 PM EDT by Disco_Stu_TX]
Well got this nice new middy and now I need to spend more money on a soft case for her. I like the eagle industries cases but they are alot of jack, what about this one

Range Master Molle Case

I really like the fact that it can open up as a shooting mat as well. Any other good quality choices?

Edit - What about the extra black strap that came with it? Whats it for?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:20:21 AM EDT
I cant say enough good about the Ranger Master case. It is the best rifle case I have owned, especially for the price.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:53:04 PM EDT
Looks OK, but I think the MOLLE external stuff is just wasting space.
I perfer the Blackhawk Discrete case, since the external pouch is nearly as big as the bag and the velcro loops inside make attaching all sorts of stuff relatively easy. It doesn't open up into a shooting mat, but it holds everything I need.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:57:42 PM EDT
I picked up two of those cases, and to tell you the truth for the money they are not bad.

The bad thing is that I have spoiled myself in the past by getting Eagle Cases for all of my rifles, and nothing else seems to compare
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:26:43 PM EDT
i went out on a limb and tried the i-shot SERT case. Its everything i needed and wanted. I get on and off the line quicker, and its really a joy to carry with the shoulder strap.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:47:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 9:51:04 PM EDT by dump1567]
I own several of the discreet cases from Tac-Force (available here www.savvysurvivor.com/tacforcediscreetcase.htm). Although this was orig. an airsoft case, I think this is a quaility piece of kit and is reasonably priced.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:10:48 AM EDT
They're made in China. I'm getting this (made in the USA) one for my 9mm AR;

www.tacticaltailor.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=20
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:51:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 10:57:36 AM EDT by TruePunisher]
I have that case. I like it for the money, but I don't have anyother higher cost case to compare it with.

The case holds alot of stuff with the front bags:

Large front bag:

Smaller side bags:

The front part unzips to make a small case that you can put some other stuff. I have put cased handguns in there and some Paracord. There is also some small flat pouches for paperwork or whatever, I keep boxed ammo in there for now:

Then you open the case. I have my Bushy Dissy in it and it fits well. There is a peice of foam that runs along the outer wall of the opening to help from smashing the stuff inside:

With the bags on the outside the case will not open and lay totaly flat, but it you took the bags off I would think it might be better, but I didn't get it for that:

And yes it is:

Is it a good case? I think so. It is better then the Allen AR cases I have seen and the zippers are better then some LE cases I have seen. All in all, I like it. I bet I would like an Eagle better, but this will do for now

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:42:55 PM EDT
I also bought a Rangemaster case from ETS. For the money, I believe it's unbeatable. I am very impressed by the quality of it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:24:28 PM EDT
I just got mine in and I like it alot, but it came with a black strap with buckles and velco on it that I have no idea what its for. Any clues?
Top Top