Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 5:09:51 PM EDT
After seeing Eagle's MJK in multiple environments, I am convinced it is the best solid color for my AO. Do any other gear makers use it, or is it Eagle's own proprietary color?

(Come on Egg )
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
High Speed Gear uses it, AFAIK.
SO Tech's is very close, if not the same.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Tim!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
i did for a while then my source dried up  I am awaiting more... IMO re: shades of tan I like it almost as much as Coyote Brown
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Egg, do you know any other gear makers that are using it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]
SOTech

Original SOE

Tactical Tailor

Blackhawk!

They all have a color that is almost identical.  Regardless, all your gear will end up looking the same color anyway after a few sessions of rolling around in it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Clasky, I don't like to get my gear dirty. Draws too much attention at the mall.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Regardless, all your gear will end up looking the same color anyway after a few sessions of rolling around in it.

That's crazy talk!  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess every thread needs a dickhead.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I guess every thread needs a dickhead.
Sorry, dude, you're right.  My comment was not very productive.  

Somewhere on here I have a picture of my LF RAID pack, made by Eagle, in MJK.  It has a TT large First Aid kit on it, and some SDS tan MOLLE straps, and a TAG Nalgene pouch in Coyote.  With a little bit of Iraqi Poo Dust On it.  All of the pouches have a similar color now due to dust, wear, and sun/UV fading.  

I think your best bet is to pick the most functional pouch in some shade of tan.  A perfectly matched set of pouches will not suit your needs any better than a mismatched set of the same pouches; whereas the right pouches, one of which got a coat of tan Krylon because it was only available in black or Woodland, will.  

YMMV.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Here, picture of my gear from a simulated long distance:  

The MOLLE belt and the leftmost pistol mag pouch are MJK.  Notice that they are not the same shade, as there's subtle variation in shade from one batch to the next.  The dumper is CSM's Coyote and a little darker, but at a distance it blends in.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Slim, I wasn't referring to you, but the comment by clasky. Every time someone asks a question regarding a color in this forum, someone always feels the need to chime in with some silly comment about getting your gear dirty. I was not asking this question because I want my gear to match, but because I think MJK actually works better than most other khakis and tans in mixed environments because it has some vey green properties. I want to know who else uses this color because I like it for large items, such as packs. I could care less whether the small items match or not.

I am just sick of the unnecesary comments in these threads that only serve to disrespect the poster. This is supposed to be a technical forum, not GD.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I wasn't trying to make a dick-headed comment and did not disrespect the OP in any way.  I provided a list of gear makers who have a color similar to MJK (exactly what the OP wanted) and then said that they will all match after some use.  With use, gear colors and dyes fade.  I am simply stating a fact from personal experience.  I really fail to see how I could have offend anybody's feelings, regardless of how fragile or childish they are.  Whomever was offended obviously read into my post a bit too far.

I didn't insinuate that the only people who really care about matching their gear exactly are airsofters.  

I didn't say that matching your gear color exactly is unnecessary because one isn't supposed to wear it to their nancy-boy tea parties where matching his skirt to his purse is requisite to be in the women's club.

I didn't infer that the OP was a poser who has never seen combat in his life, therefore wouldn't understand that pristine-colored gear doesn't stay that way.

I didn't say that the OP knows nothing about camo and color break up in any AO because if he did, he would know that color shifting and varying colors from lighter to darker shades increase the effectiveness of the color because nature is not consistant and the human eye will immediately pick out a mass of the same color in any environment and any AO.

But, instead, the OP had some sand in his vagina and decided to insult someone who was trying to help her.

I guess I've been told.  Maybe the OP's mommy can dry his tears, give him a cookie and tell him he is still a very special boy no matter what those mean people on Arfcom say.

Dickhead, out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, clasky, you call others childish, while talking about vaginas and people's mothers? That would be an impressive retort if coming from a third grader.

Anyway, back on topic, are there any other gear makers that use MJK for their khaki/tan gear?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top