Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 11:26:14 AM EDT
I have an interceptor vest w/ the level3/4 plate but I can not add a belt or subload and the molle straps arnt enough for the pouches I wan to add. What I do now is put my BHI vest over my interceptor vest. This is why I want to switch to a plate carrier vests.

I wanted to get something like the Eagle plate carrier /w cumberbund for 169.95 or the Eagle Industries Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System (C.I.R.A.S.) for 474.95. Why is one so much more expensive and what is the difference between the 2?

www.triadtactical.com/page/146t7/Online_Shopping.html

TL1

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are going overseas you are going to have to wear the soft armor anyway, because of the frag risk.  The plates can go in a carrier above the soft armor (interceptor, or a concealable) but you are going to have to wear it.  

The CIRAS is designed to add soft armor to it, the plate carrier only holds the plates and offers no backing to it, so may have to get a level 3 backing for protection purposes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have an interceptor vest w/ the level3/4 plate but I can not add a belt or subload and the molle straps arnt enough for the pouches I wan to add. What I do now is put my BHI vest over my interceptor vest. This is why I want to switch to a plate carrier vests.

I wanted to get something like the Eagle plate carrier /w cumberbund for 169.95 or the Eagle Industries Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System (C.I.R.A.S.) for 474.95. Why is one so much more expensive and what is the difference between the 2?

TL1

The CIRAS is also releasable, allowing you to dump your gear if you need to

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Realize the CIRAS will not redily accept your interceptor soft armor.  Sure you could try and make it fit, but that probably aint the best idea. The CIRAS takes BALCS cut soft armor.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#5]
How much does it cost to get the soft armor for the CIRAS?
Is there soft armor behind the front and rear plates?
what plates fit in the CIRAS ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top