Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:26:27 AM EDT

Anyone using one of these? They look pretty nice and also look like you could use them without any plates, just as a load bearing system.

Curious which one is better?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm running one, currently w/o plates, and it works fine. Only issue is that I've got to cinch the thing down all the way to keep it tight to my body so it doesn't shift. Having weight in the back (i.e. Camelbak) helps balance the load in the front.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm running one, currently w/o plates, and it works fine. Only issue is that I've got to cinch the thing down all the way to keep it tight to my body so it doesn't shift. Having weight in the back (i.e. Camelbak) helps balance the load in the front.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh. I'm pushing 190lbs and 6'1". Wondering if I'll have the same problems.

The other thing I'm wondering is the bottom looks like it sits kind of high in relation to the wearer's waist. When you start attaching mag pouches to it, if you attach them as far to the bottom as you can is it still awkward reaching to get them?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Changed the title to ask about some comparisons between the Eagle Industries and the BHI... anyone?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
be mindful of the fastex buckles on the shoulder straps.  shoulder straps on a pack may slip or cause a pressure point.  you could get a blackhawk commando recon front and a back panel for the same price as the eagle, then youd have a good rack without plates if need be.  plate wouldnt be as secure in the commando recon though.  just an idea.

or a hsgi woosatch
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How tall are you and how much do you weigh. I'm pushing 190lbs and 6'1". Wondering if I'll have the same problems.

I'm 6'2", 190. Unless you're wide through the shoulders & chest, your experience will probably be similar.

The other thing I'm wondering is the bottom looks like it sits kind of high in relation to the wearer's waist. When you start attaching mag pouches to it, if you attach them as far to the bottom as you can is it still awkward reaching to get them?

I like the fact that the Eagle PC can be made to ride high. My philosophy is to dress my long gun rig around my everyday pistol CCW gear, which is a strongside holster and mag pouches on the belt. When training, I also wear a dump pouch on my belt, behind my pistol mag pouches. A lower-riding chest rig would interfere with this stuff, while the Eagle PC as I have it set up, does not. This is also one of the reasons I run the old-school PC and not the newer style with the cummerbund. I have my long gun mag pouches mounted so that the bottoms slightly overhang the bottom edge of the front panel, and I have no problem accessing them. Note that there's plenty of adjustment in the shoulder straps, so if you want to run it lower, you certainly could.

My rig:

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My rig:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/shooter2_indy/Misc/eaglepc.jpg

[Darth Vader] I find your lack of color coordination disturbing [/Darth Vader]

Looks good. Is that an SDS hydration carrier on the back?
What brand mag pouches are you running on that?

I'm thinking of going with the STRIKE pouches because they use MOLLE as opposed to MALICE. Malice has really been getting on my nerves lately. Every time I want to move something on my Marauder and I have to mess with the MALICE clips it drives me fricking bonkers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

[Darth Vader] I find your lack of color coordination disturbing [/Darth Vader]

Well, nobody has ever accused me of being a fashion plate!

Is that an SDS hydration carrier on the back?

sho'nuff!

What brand mag pouches are you running on that?

They're Spectergear's universal style. I like 'em cuz they allow me to run the same rig with any of my long guns. Check this out:

Left to right, that's an 8rd Saiga-12 mag, 2x 30rd Colt SMG, 30rd AK-74 and 30rd AR-15.

I'm thinking of going with the STRIKE pouches because they use MOLLE as opposed to MALICE.

The Spectergear mag pouches use MOLLE as well.

Finally here's a gratuitous side shot, just for good measure:
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

* This is also one of the reasons I run the old-school PC and not the newer style with the cummerbund. I have my long gun mag pouches mounted so that the bottoms slightly overhang the bottom edge of the front panel, and I have no problem accessing them. Note that there's plenty of adjustment in the shoulder straps, so if you want to run it lower, you certainly could.

The Eagle PC can be run w/o the cummerbund if desired...best of both worlds!

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:01:17 AM EDT
[#9]
What's the purpose of the cumberbund? Just a more secure fit or is it "armored"?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:27:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The Eagle PC can be run w/o the cummerbund if desired...best of both worlds!

Since I'm running 2-cell mag pouches, I couldn't attach them to the PC/CB without blocking the center flap, which would make the cummerbund useless. Made no sense to pay for a feature I had no intention of using, and I scored my old-school PC lightly used for a VERY nice price.  But if you're running a 3-cell mag pouch or individual mag pouches, and/or need the extra real estate on the sides, the PC/CB is the way to fly.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What's the purpose of the cumberbund? Just a more secure fit or is it "armored"?

It will accept side plates, IIRC, but is mostly there to provide extra PALS real estate.  Being a LSHD civilian, I just don't haul that much stuff...

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:26:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Real estate to fill that'll make swinging your arms while walking extrememly awkward? No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Real estate to fill that'll make swinging your arms while walking extrememly awkward? No thanks.

you dont swing your arms when carrying a rifle at the low ready.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But are you ALWAYS carrying your rifle at the low and ready?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But are you ALWAYS carrying your rifle at the low and ready?

pretty much.  you do it for long enough itll become second nature.  i understand what your saying though.  you dont want so much gear under your arms that its uncomfortable.  you do need to get your arms in tight or youll be too wide, especially in tight mout.  i usually have saw pouches on the sides, usually not full, so they get crushed by your arm nicely.  thats whats nice about modular gear, you can use what you want.  very few people have the same gear setup.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the Eagle PC w/ cummerbund and I just completed a week-long course at Tactical Response. I wore this rig whilst moving, shooting, and quickly wriggling my big ass out of little cars all week long.  I had a smoke grenade pouch (with a full-sized smk grn) on one side and a fully stuffed med kit on the other side. I did not even notice they were there. Here is a pic (hint, I am the big dude on the right):

When I was originally going to buy the gear, I was going to only get the plate carrier, but, I would up getting the whole thing. I do not regret it at all. It works great and you have the option of not running with the cummerbund if you do not feel like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top