Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/27/2005 7:14:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 7:45:51 PM EDT by Badaim]
Anyone have an opinion on Eagle's CIRAS? Looks terrific (function wise), but $500

Do you think it is worth the cost? Is there another product similar to this "style" (maybe a something similar in design under $200?)

One more Q

Would this be a better choice than a tactical vest (the ones with MOLLE on them)?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 11:10:21 PM EDT by Blueberry556]
I'd like to hear some opinions from those who own and use these about the overall thickness of the panel(s) and whether it's a bad thing or not. I like streamlined and thin equipment because I am not, and I don't want to drop that kind of cash if I may be disappointed with it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:15:50 AM EDT
i've had a chance to put one on and try it out. smglee tells me that socom is going to the ciras. it's pretty awesome rig. comfortable and ya'll can carry a whole lotta sheeuut on it. maybe my next... maybe.
for the money damn worth it though.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:12:15 AM EDT
Just my $.02, but I think it is a Specialized piece of kit that may not be for everyone. If you have a need to have a Quick releasable Armor vest that carries Plates and soft Armor, this would be the one, but What are your needs???

I like the vest a lot and it' s awesome kit, but the price puts it in the "Be great to have, but not really needed" category for me. I use Kit for classes and for training. I think their are low coster alternatives. Now if your the "Money's no object "kind of shooter and you have a shit load of dispoasable income for stuff like this, then definetly look at it. not a lot out there that's better...
Just keep in mind who uses it and why and then decide if you fit in that profile. I know I don't...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:43:43 AM EDT
What are the differences between the Land and the Maritime versions?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:36:41 AM EDT
Does the $500 cover some sort of body armor - soft or plates? $500 sounds like a lot for a bunch of cordura - but I have been wrong before, actually, I'm wrong a lot...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:49:08 AM EDT
originally from Spooky130

Does the $500 cover some sort of body armor - soft or plates? $500 sounds like a lot for a bunch of cordura - but I have been wrong before, actually, I'm wrong a lot...

Noop, just the vest, which is kinda my point. It's a specialized piece of kit. For the money A guy could get a plate carrier and two level Vl plates. As to the difference in Land and Maritime, I beleive it's the location of the Quick release (Specialized) but I'm not an expert on this so don't hold me to it.

It's great that SOCOM maybe going to this, but since I'm not in SOCOM, that has little relevence to me based on what I do.

If your wanted something close to this, the Eagle Plate Carrier with Cumberbund would be pretty close and the price is around $165. Again, you need to understand what you needs are based on what you are doing and then decide if it's the best kit to fill your needs. I already know it's not for my needs...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:34:00 PM EDT
Thanks for the info! Seems a little high for not having some armor it it, but I'm sure it is worth it if they are selling. Just not for me right now.

Someone needs to create an Idiot's Guide to body armor and tack it at the top of this forum - or point me in the right direction to one!

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:05:48 PM EDT
Following post was by DIY Tactical:

The fact that there is a lot of intricate sewing and construction involved in the release system would be the reason for higher price. What makes it worth it is falling in deep water or being in a burning vehicle and being able to releas the vest so that you can get out.
Top Top