Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 8:17:10 AM EDT
Been considering an Eagle Arms .308, E10TBM, 24" barrel, flat top, free-floated handguard, etc.

www.eagle-arms.com/index-old1.htm

Anyone have any first hand experience?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#1]
My first AR-10 was an Eagle Arms lower with a 10(T) upper.  Loved that gun !  One of my brother's loved it even more, bought a 10A4 upper and now it's his favorite deer rifle.  (

(Well, actually he let me buy the new upper.  The boy did buy his own scope however - a used Simmons for something like $75 !!  The thing (the scope) is actually pretty darn accurate out to about 250 yards which is farther than you're likely to shoot a deer in South Alabama.)
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the comments, 5subslr5.

Did you ever measure average groups?  I'm looking for an accurate rifle.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#3]
..can`t see any reason not to get eagle arms.......other than the chrome lining and lifetime warranty.....what i can tell you...the buffalo gun center had a ar10a2 last winter for 1100.....good price ...i thought it was an eagle....but no.....anyway..armalite is tops and you can`t go wrong.....just....i`m glad i got a carbine version.....after a hard days work....and a couple full magazines...it still can get a little heavy at the range.....all i have is a world class plus 4 power...(obsolete now)....put it on there to get started...but found no reason to replace it.....it`s a accurate little bastard....i`m not sure about the accuracy guarranty....check with the factory....there was (is?) on the armalite versions...not sure on the eagles....at least not as stringent maybe?.....my m15a2 std rifle has a n/m barrel on it.....armalite would`nt say too much on the phone......hhhmmmmm....good people......have fun....k.k....oh....you probably will not notice any accuracy difference between the carbine v/s rifle....in the ar10 anyway.......
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the comments, BlackandGreen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top