Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 4:00:00 PM EDT
How does the Envis M703E rate against the PVS-14? Or are they the same thing. Learning slowly - tried searching but couldn't find much.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How does the Envis M703E rate against the PVS-14? Or are they the same thing. Learning slowly - tried searching but couldn't find much.
View Quote

the envis was a hand held device designed to be used by downed pilots to evade and escape. they dont have gain adjustable tubes like a pvs14, nor do they share any accessories. since they were intended for emergency use, they typically have blem tubes. the battery door is the weak component on the housing, frequently they are broken or cracked.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
A guy is selling one for 800, almost new condition - I figured a gen 3 for that price ain't bad. Gateway drug/NVG's?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Good price. Envis units do go for really fair prices sometiems as they are not popular like PVS-14. A gateway drug it will be that's for sure, but if the tube is not half bad you can recycle it to a new housing one day that allows for head mounting etc.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#4]
They have Omni V non gated tubes usually. $800 is a good deal if in decent shape. Tubes typically have blemishes but not all of them. Easy scope to upgrade into a Mini housing with the Envis C mount optics which are superb.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Are the lenses on the ENVIS the same size/thread as PVS-14 or ANVIS objective and eye pieces?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are the lenses on the ENVIS the same size/thread as PVS-14 or ANVIS objective and eye pieces?
View Quote

No, 14 lenses use a lock ring threaded from inside the scope to hold it in place. Envis lens is "C" mount meaning it just screws in no tools required. They are popular because of quick and easy lens changes. "C" mount is popular with photographers and astronomy guys due to the ease of changing lenses. A 14 has to be disassembled to change the objective lens.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine. You can get an adapter on ebay that will let it work with helmet mounts. You can also rifle mount ot with a Larue ring bases NVG mount.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like mine. You can get an adapter on ebay that will let it work with helmet mounts. You can also rifle mount ot with a Larue ring bases NVG mount.
View Quote

I've seen most mounting it left eye, can you mount it for right eye usage?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure. I haven't bought one of the adapters yet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
The adapter just changes the location of the mounting screw to the same place as on the 14, so you can mount the ENVIS over your right eye if you are so inclined. I'd buy an AB micro housing and avoid the need for a special adapter and the impending battery door breakage though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top