Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 6/30/2015 6:03:33 PM EDT
I have used a spyderco calypso jr as my EDC for the last 25 years. I has been a perfect utility, defense, hell every thing knife. I want to change things up. I am thinking of using a spyderco clipitool as my EDC tool, and a civilian as a dedicated defense knife. (no ccw in Hawaii.) What say you? Going from 1 to 2 knives every day much? Any thoughts? Want to stay with spyderco, the calypso jr was too good to me for a quarter of a century.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:28:19 PM EDT
I've been carrying the Endura Wave and Delica Wave for my EDC blades for a while, usually the Endura. The wave feature makes deployment incredibly fast and smooth, though it takes some practice to get right.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:03:47 AM EDT
I havent heard anything bad of Spyderco, and obviously your knife's lasted a pretty long time and speaks their quality.
Ive been switching back and forth between a Kershaw RJ1 and a SOG Flash II.
I was given the SOG by my dad about 5 years ago and its been a very nice knife.
The Kershaw i picked up at a gun show a few years ago for like half retail and its been a trooper.
Although the Kershaw's speedsafe just took a poop so im going to send it in for repairs.
Hopefully they can fix it, its been discontinued.

FYI: Gun shows are a great place to get knives
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:35:03 PM EDT
Spyderco has tons of options.

My favorite Spydie is my Gayle Bradley, with the, Gayle Bradley 2 coming out its definitely worth a look.

If I was looking for an all purpose EDC the Manix 2 lightweight in S110v is an amazingoption

Page Armory » Blades
Top Top