Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1000 for the E-Coti avaialbility, it has nothing to do with commercial sales like that to restrict to generate hype that has been an internet rumor at times. We begged borrowed and stole to  get the recent orders filled and it was a test of patience to say the least.  And yes before someone brings up the repeated pay before you receive (for their own sales hype and dagger throws ) ....ALL customers were asked repeatedly not to pay and were asked REPEATEDLY if they wanted their monies returned. Feel free to ask the OP on this thread how many times we pestered him and the rest to return monies and the amount of meetings and paperwork TNVC had to undergo several times to meet the ever changing requirements.
View Quote
I don’t think anyone genuinely questions TNVC’s integrity or solvency. You’re the 800# gorilla in the market, which makes you “The Man.”

People hate “The Man.”  
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Just messed around with this over the weekend and it is absolutely amazing. I also compared it to the COTI and to me it seemed to be a significant upgrade, about the same as jumping from gen 2 to gen 3 night vision. That might be a slight over exaggeration, but it is a very obvious difference.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1000 for the E-Coti avaialbility, it has nothing to do with commercial sales like that to restrict to generate hype that has been an internet rumor at times. We begged borrowed and stole to  get the recent orders filled and it was a test of patience to say the least.  And yes before someone brings up the repeated pay before you receive (for their own sales hype and dagger throws ) ....ALL customers were asked repeatedly not to pay and were asked REPEATEDLY if they wanted their monies returned. Feel free to ask the OP on this thread how many times we pestered him and the rest to return monies and the amount of meetings and paperwork TNVC had to undergo several times to meet the ever changing requirements.
View Quote
The e-coti was a wait, but TNVC was the only one who made an effort to offer it. They worked closely with me personally to fulfill my order and did indeed offer me a refund at anytime I wanted to back out. Vic made it a personal mission to see that the few orders he had were fulfilled, it was frustrating to say the least.  I also spoke with optics 1 about the e-coti and and they confirmed that commercial sales where suspended do to demand.

The e-coti was worth the NFA wait time for me  as it addressed some of the issues I had with the coti,. That’s not to say the coti isn’t great, the e-coti is just better.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thank you for the order and the crazy patience you had with all of this. I think I know who this is by the lengthy phone calls days and nights we had.  Enjoy the gear T.
View Quote
Send a great big thanks to Jaimie as well, she was great and I really appreciate all she did. You are lucky to have her as an employee.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Just curious. Can either the coti or e-coti be used on a pvs-14? Or do they only fit duals?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#15]
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/31/friday-night-lights-coti-clip-on-thermal-imager/

Good review of coti is it true the cable for remote battery is $1800! Can you make that cable somehow? Is the connector available.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#16]
This thread has my interest.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/31/friday-night-lights-coti-clip-on-thermal-imager/

Good review of coti is it true the cable for remote battery is $1800! Can you make that cable somehow? Is the connector available.
View Quote
Wow, I have one of these for my regular COTI. I guess it adds some value to this package.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 2:00:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fits PVS-14 fine.

Fits most every tube.

List from TNVC: PVS-7, PVS-14, PVS-15, PVS-18, PVS-23, PVS-31, PVS-22, PVS-24, PVS-26, Sentinel, DTNVG, MOD-3

My setup on MOD3 with PVS tubes:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/47980/0583EDA0-8967-4CE3-9EC3-0E393C776475-996661.jpg

@loco_engineer got my COTI, this is his set up, MOD3 with ANVIS tubes:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253448/BD128D0E-AB7C-42DB-8A52-126AE2DBB68B-992384.jpg
View Quote
What is the flippy thing on the left eye?
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 2:13:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Refocus ring used for instant close focus.
View Quote
Looks a little unwieldy, but not super light-restricting like the Tarsier.  What do you think, better?
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's an eyepiece adapter available for the coti for humans to use it directly? Learned something new. Neat! Anyone try one? Can it be made to work as a viable thermal monocular?
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There's an eyepiece adapter available for the coti for humans to use it directly? Learned something new. Neat! Anyone try one? Can it be made to work as a viable thermal monocular?
View Quote
Here is the adapter. If I recall correctly from someone who used one it was not very desirable.

RustedAce listed what the COTI can attach to according to TNVC's page, but I did see a picture of one attached to the factory optic on an AUG.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I didn't see that on your website when I was looking at focus devices, but I could swear I saw a video you made on it.  Ended up getting a tarsier (only one, have duals).  I'm thinking that since I already have a device, and there's a built in illuminator to the MOD-3, it wouldn't really be worth it for one of the flippy ones?

To get back to the topic at hand, you can put me down as very interested in E-COTI if civilian sales open back up.  Even though I really do need to put a hold on my toys budget :/  IIRC it was in the $7k range when you had it listed on the 'old' site?
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Its absolutely amazing in the pine forests/ swamps around me.

See all kinds of things I would never see if I stopped and scanned with handheld or weapon mounted thermal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
but for CQB work or near dark lighting you can't beat a fusion system.
Its absolutely amazing in the pine forests/ swamps around me.

See all kinds of things I would never see if I stopped and scanned with handheld or weapon mounted thermal.
The cold blooded critters are what I worry most about. Gators and sneks don’t show up too well with thermals. FWIW a strong red laser will scare the shit out of smaller gators. Bigger ones chase it like a cat.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/IINotQP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Yw02X0g.jpg

Would never have seen this guy without E-COTI.

Completely hidden in a spot I never would have scanned with a handheld thermal.
View Quote
I cannot tell you how awesome that is.

Question:

Since you are in the south you’ll probably know. Sometimes if the humidity is just right, when I exhale it can bounce off the lens covers dangling from my 31’s and fog up the eye piece for a second. Is there any issue with this thing fogging up anywhere when you breathe if the humidity is just right?
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#28]
@TNVC

Can you guys get the cable for remote battery for coti? Price?
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We are working on some things, but no ETA at this time.

~Augee
View Quote
Ok please update if you do it’s one of the main things holding me back from buying a coti I hate cr123 and short runtimes
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I got my e-coti on the last order.  I too really appreciate Vic and the team for making it happen.  I’m very glad I waited.  This thing is a game changer for moving around under goggle through the woods.  I’m still in the early testing stages but I have picked up many things that I would have likely missed before and they were obvious with fusion.   Combined with a good longer range handheld thermal, it really is unbeatable.

Predator vision rocks.  So does TNVC.  They jumped through many hoops to make it happen for me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#32]
We need to get together and compare notes on eCOTI vs my PSQ-20C — because this thing is flippin’ awesome!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Come on down to the next Cola Warrior!

Ive only looked through a 20 briefly, so wouldnt mind checking it out.

I have used a PSQ-36 fairly extensively though and much prefer the E-COTI/ COTI on nice duals. I found the PSQ-36 did not do nearly as well of a job with with what it highlighted in any mode compared to the patrol mode of the E-COTI/ COTI.

I dont know if this is a software thing or what, but I found it highlighting all kinds of useless stuff the E-COTI does not.
View Quote
I’ve had some experience with the PSQ-36.

The 20C is light years better than either the 36 or the 20A/B.

It’s not even close.

What I also like is that while the eCOTI uses a 640 core it’s only able to use ~500px because of its circular image projection, so it can only use the smaller of the two dimensions. The 20C image area is the full 640x512 Image area overlaid via an OLED, so resolution and definition are staggering by comparison.

At >200m I could tell whether or not a dude was carrying a rifle.

At >100m I was detecting field mice.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thank you for the kind words TD along with your patience as we negotiated many obstacles to get these out.
View Quote
Brother, you obtained me Unobtainium.  I’m glad to be a customer and grateful to be a friend.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tangentially related only, but some may or may not be aware:

The cost of the AN/PAS-29A COTI (not the E-COTI) has been reduced to $5,830 recently from $6,800 previous pricing, making the cost gap a good bit more significant than it has been previously between the COTI and E-COTI.

~Augee
View Quote
For the industry pro's in this thread...

if you had to pick between getting an E-COTI and using them with your sentinels or adding the thermal module to PVS-21s which would you pick? I'm at a point where I'd like "fusion" and can go either route.

Link Posted: 8/10/2019 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#38]
The i2 performance of the 21 isn’t really that great. The thermal module is cool, but it’s a bit kludgy and it’s definitely not nearly as good as the one in my 20C.

However, the HUD module is seriously cool when running it off a weapon-mounted thermal.

I’d say a DTNVG L3 Filmless WP with eCOTI give superior performance over the 21+Thermal Module. In fact, it’s the only thing I’ve seen that gets even close to the PSQ-20C.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The i2 performance of the 21 isn’t really that great. The thermal module is cool, but it’s a bit kludgy and it’s definitely not nearly as good as the one in my 20C.

However, the HUD module is seriously cool when running it off a weapon-mounted thermal.

I’d say a DTNVG L3 Filmless WP with eCOTI give superior performance over the 21+Thermal Module. In fact, it’s the only thing I’ve seen that gets even close to the PSQ-20C.
View Quote
OK well.. seeing as I didn't say anything about a DTNVG with WP tubes... thanks for the comment.

The sentinels are filmess l3 green tubes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

OK well.. seeing as I didn't say anything about a DTNVG with WP tubes... thanks for the comment.

The sentinels are filmess l3 green tubes.
View Quote
It’s early and My reading comprehension skills are calibrated to zero at the moment.

If it’s Sentinels + COTI, I’d probably go 22+Thermal HUD. If you have a line on an eCOTI, I’d go that route.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#43]
I’ll toss my generally worthless $0.02 in with Augee’s expertly written opinion.

I’d just go one step farther and state, unequivocally, that fusion is the future. It’s more revolution than evolution. It literally brings a level of awareness that simply does not exist with “plain” i2 — regardless of how good your tubes are.

The things I can spot lumbering around at night with the 20C is astonishing. Things I’d simply never know were there with my dual 72LP L3 WP DTNVGs no matter how hard I look. And the versatility of a true fusion system trumps a COTI for the mere fact that I can go pure thermal at the flick of a switch, or dim the i2 tube down to nothing with dominant 640 thermal that you can effectively use an IR laser with, which is a neat trick.

Fusion is king. It’s a brave new world.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I’ll toss my generally worthless $0.02 in with Augee’s expertly written opinion.

I’d just go one step farther and state, unequivocally, that fusion is the future. It’s more revolution than evolution. It literally brings a level of awareness that simply does not exist with “plain” i2 — regardless of how good your tubes are.

The things I can spot lumbering around at night with the 20C is astonishing. Things I’d simply never know were there with my dual 72LP L3 WP DTNVGs no matter how hard I look. And the versatility of a true fusion system trumps a COTI for the mere fact that I can go pure thermal at the flick of a switch, or dim the i2 tube down to nothing with dominant 640 thermal that you can effectively use an IR laser with, which is a neat trick.

Fusion is king. It’s a brave new world.
View Quote
Shit, take my credit card

Link Posted: 8/14/2019 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#46]
My ENVG-III uses a modified G24L mount. It’s also a LOT smaller and lighter than previous 20A/B units, as it uses the BAE 12um core.

That said, it still requires a single-hole ballistic helmet, which sucks, but it’s a worthwhile trade off. The unity thermal performance alone is on par with the SkeetIRx.

We need to get together and ball.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
FWIW, the whole ENVG system and program kind of pisses me off.

There are definitely some benefits to the dedicated fused system, but the ENVGs are fat pig systems to begin with--the ENVG-B looks like it's a little more streamlined (ironic), but the PSQ-20 family is just chunky, and the system orientation is not my favorite, you shouldn't be able to reach your NVG with your tongue...

The thermal is also a power-eater, so that's something to consider as well, with a COTI system you can have separate power supplies so your thermal never accidentally kills your NV.

The ENVG-B fixes some of the form factor issues, though not really the power issue, plus... they're binos, so I naturally like them better , but the biggest thing that really annoys me is the stupid ass proprietary interface and all the proprietary attachments, you need a new mount, new shroud (oh by the way, basically only designed according to the Army 1-Hole pattern and/or a ratchet strap design), you can't mount one to a Bump helmet with a molded in shroud, and attaching them to any other helmet at very least requires the removal of the existing "universal" shroud.

The ridiculousness of it all is that they could have very easily developed a "hot" dovetail shoe and mount that was backwards compatible with existing shrouds and mounts (think a powered G24 that you can still attach "normal" NVDs to)--certain USASOC elements went even simpler with the FGE, simply using the ANVIS-format mount, but no... we're stuck with a chunky, weird, INVG-style proprietary mount and a chunky device that basically wants to sit in your mouth in the prone that's basically only compatible with a one-hole ACH...

Rant off...

Fusion is great, and the PSQ-20 ENVG family has some cool capabilities and performance, but I am decidedly less than pleased with the device itself and the choices that were made in designing it.

For the money, they could have just bought everyone PVS-31s and COTIs like the Marines are doing and have been done with it...

~Augee
View Quote
Don’t hold back now..... :D
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, the mount is still 100% proprietary and not compatible with anything else. I certainly see your points, but for a low speed ‘yote assassin like myself none of that matters. It would be great to be able to swap between NODs on the same helmet, but I don’t have too much call for that, personally, so it’s a non-issue.

For the curious, I managed to snag a never-MIL’d pre-release engineering sample for an egregious price. I had one of my L3 UF WP tubes swapped into the unit.

To my understanding, there are fewer than a half-dozen of these things roaming the plains. Quite frankly, they’re awesome. Not perfect, but damn awesome nonetheless.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Fits PVS-14 fine.

Fits most every tube.

List from TNVC: PVS-7, PVS-14, PVS-15, PVS-18, PVS-23, PVS-31, PVS-22, PVS-24, PVS-26, Sentinel, DTNVG, MOD-3

My setup on MOD3 with PVS tubes:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/47980/0583EDA0-8967-4CE3-9EC3-0E393C776475-996661.jpg

@loco_engineer got my COTI, this is his set up, MOD3 with ANVIS tubes:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253448/BD128D0E-AB7C-42DB-8A52-126AE2DBB68B-992384.jpg
View Quote
What is that lens cover?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top