Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:50:40 PM EST
I'm debating between a duty belt and a safariland 6285 or a padded MOLLE belt of some short and running a 6005.

This rig will be used when we go varmint hunting, range use, and for classes.

I also don't know how much ammo I should carry on the belt. We usually go through 2-3 mags through our primary weapons and 2-3 mags on our side arms during our normal 4-5 hour outtings.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:50:28 PM EST
Thigh holsters are meant to be used when you need to get the holster below all your other gear and even the best thigh holster is normally going to be a second choice to a good belt holster.

A duty belt will work better with a holster than a MOLLE belt, which are usually soft and flexible. But the padded MOLLE belt will usually be more comfortable with all the other stuff.

I don't have a decent pic of the whole belt, but here's the holster side. Pistol, 2 spare pistol mags, 4 AR mags, a (very) small blow out kit, a surefire light, a multitool and a dump pouch that I use as a small carry all for gloves, stapler, etc. at the range. Everything you need for a trip to the range or a late night walk around the perimeter.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:17:54 PM EST
Hoplophile, where did you get that device which allows you to mount the kydex holster to that belt?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:48:07 PM EST
Here a molle belt system I've been working on, also have a drop holster,but dont use it much, so I went with the ICE flap holster most of the time.

Gotta love the many options of using a molle system, can be changed up to fit your needs.

I try to keep cost down as much as possible, without ending up with something that doesnt work.

TG
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:54:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2006 3:55:07 PM EST by Hoplophile]

Originally Posted By ServiceRifleShooter:
Hoplophile, where did you get that device which allows you to mount the kydex holster to that belt?

I originally bought the Kifaru adapter but it was just a little too wide to fit through the belt loops on my holster so I made an adapter myself.

The back piece is 3.5" tall and about 6" wide and I used T-nuts and screws to bolt the holster to the backing. The smaller piece on the inside is so that I can remove it and use on a normal belt without the T-nuts getting in the way. I used a drum sander to put grooves at either end so that the MALICE clips are held in place. I'll probably re-do it with thinner pieces of Kydex bolted to the backer to attach it to the belt instead of the MALICE clips. The rear MALICE clip kinda catches on the finger while getting a grip on the pistol so I wrapped it in duct tape to keep it from being an issue.

Top Top