Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/28/2005 12:44:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/28/2005 12:45:42 PM EDT by BuckeyeRifleman]
I have a stainless 10/22 that I want to accurise, probably going to use a Green mountain 16 in barrel and a cheap synthetic stock. The reiever has a few little scratches that I want cleaned up and ive also decided that I would prefer a matt black finish. Has anyone here duracoated a 10/22? how did it hold up and how did the prep it for application?

Also I was wondering if I should still get the stainless barrel because I am worried how it will hold up. I dont have a sandblaster or an air compressor, can I roughen up the surface with fine sandpaper instead?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:34:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
I have a stainless 10/22 that I want to accurise, probably going to use a Green mountain 16 in barrel and a cheap synthetic stock. The reiever has a few little scratches that I want cleaned up and ive also decided that I would prefer a matt black finish. Has anyone here duracoated a 10/22? how did it hold up and how did the prep it for application?

Also I was wondering if I should still get the stainless barrel because I am worried how it will hold up. I dont have a sandblaster or an air compressor, can I roughen up the surface with fine sandpaper instead?

Good question. Ive done and seen alot of ARs, shotguns and even tactical .308s but not any 10/22s and Im curious about the SS barrel being Duracoated.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:29:41 AM EDT
With SS barrels I don't know if duracoat will stick, but a short drive from me here in MI. there is a shop called M&R arms in mt. Clemens that using a product called Diamondkote, it is probly like duracoat. I had it done to my SS knight muzzel loader in mate black. It ran $200.00 for the whole rifle and all I had to do was drop it off at the shop. If interested do a search engine for diamondkote.
Top Top