Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/22/2009 9:44:06 AM EST
So, I've read much that says they are lighter weight, they balance the gun better, etc.

How strong are they?  The tri rail plastic forend seems stout, but I've broken two little bits of plastic off already just taking them apart for cleaning.  It still locks together just fine, but gives me worries about how long they will hold up.

I'm looking for feedback on actual swiss handguards, I don't trust anything imported or marketed by Sig USA.  

I'd also appreciate any good purchasing source for swiss handguards, and what I should look for as far as price.  If they are super premium $$$, I'll just get the troy rail when it comes out.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:56:11 AM EST
I have a pair of Sig 551 handguards purchased from here:

https://www.gunfactory.ch/index.htm

Send them an email if you have a hard time navigating the sight, and Rolf should get back to you. Very easy to deal with and fast shipping.

These handguards are much stronger than the OEM handguards that came with the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:54:10 PM EST
you'll pay $100 for a pair. they're much thinner than the 556 guards(and believe me that's NOT a bad thing ). These handguards have been subjected to all kinds of insane abuse by the swiss military in their weapons tests. Use them with confidence.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:53:04 AM EST
I have a pair and like them, but am definately keeping my OEM 556 handguards as an emergency spare.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:01:39 AM EST
Quoted:
you'll pay $100 for a pair. they're much thinner than the 556 guards(and believe me that's NOT a bad thing ). These handguards have been subjected to all kinds of insane abuse by the swiss military in their weapons tests. Use them with confidence.

I was fairly certain that this was the case, as far as swiss military torture testing.

Besides the german site posted above, any sources online to check?  $100 is a do-able price, considering I'm willing to buy the Troy battlerail for $300.  But if I can save the $200 and put it towards optics, all the better.

Top Top