Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2005 2:11:00 PM EDT
Any of you gents have any experience with either or both of them.  OR -- do you recommend a different brand.  For use mostly with AR 30 rnd and pistol mags. Will be attached to waist belt and hung over support side ass cheek. (I'm right handed).

Thanks,

J223...
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used dedicated dump pouches from SOE and Tactical Tailor and I've used the Eagle "Evidence Bag" as a dump pouch.  The best dumper available is the Maxpedition Rolly Polly which is similar to the Eagle Evidence Pouch.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Generally, I would always recommend Eagle over Blackhawk.

In the case of dump pouches though I second the Maxpedition recommendation.  Their model folds up into quite a small package when not in use.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... The best dumper available is the Maxpedition Rolly Polly which is similar to the Eagle Evidence Pouch.  

I agree.  It is rolled up and out of the way until you need it.  You can also get the large size (or is it the extra-large) and hold more dumped mags that the one's you referred to in the thread title.

A big empty dump bag for me is wasted space and something else to get snagged or in the way.  The rolly-polly id up and out of the way until needed and easily deployed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree - Maxpedition pouch is great! and half the price too............
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The Eagle SAS Dump Mag Pouch and similar BlackHawk Omega Dump Pouch are both stiffened "box" style pouches worn on the leg and are bulky even when empty.  The BlackHawk S.T.R.I.K.E. Drop Leg Pouch is a newer design, but while lower profile it still sits there obtrusively on your leg even while empty.  

The Maxpedition Rollypolly is attached to a MOLLE platform (belt, vest or leg) or regular belt and stays folded up wallet-sized until you need it.  If you need something bigger, there's a Mega Rollypolly also.  

My only beef with the Rollypolly is that when loaded, it can swing a bit since the attachment point is in the center-top of the pouch only.  If you want to put a lot of mags into a dumper, or use it for other stuff like shotgun shells, the Tactical Assault Gear Dump Mag Pouch or CSM Tactical Gear Drop Pouch are a little bigger and have their attachment points spaced out for larger loads.  The CSM version looks like it will attach to MOLLE webbing as well as a belt, but that's the only one I've never used or handled.  

My vote?  If you're a big fella and have a lot of ass-cheek real estate, look at the Mega Rollypolly or the TAG/CSM version.  Otherwise the Rollypolly is the best bet; I'm currently using one of those.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My vote?  If you're a big fella and have a lot of ass-cheek real estate, look at the Mega Rollypolly or the TAG/CSM version.  Otherwise the Rollypolly is the best bet; I'm currently using one of those.  

LOL... I'm of the surfboard variety back there (Much to my girls disappointment) But you make valid arguments against the two that I listed -Eagle & Blackhawk - I guess it will be the MaxPed for me.  Thanks.

J223...
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the Eagle Evidence bag and it works great. I've also used it as a bag for loose 12 Ga., Works well for that too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't stand a floppy dump pouch, so I use the CSM dumper.  TAG's is the same, I believe because Mr. Osman (sp?) from TAG came from CSM.  I may have that a little off, but the two are VERY similar if not the same.  Either way, I really like the stiff opening that stays pretty low profile and close to the body.  It does take up a bit of belt space, so that may rule it out.  The cool thing is the ability to pull a cord with one hand that closes up the whole thing, and doesn't let it back out until you want it to.  It's awesome.  I used it at a class once, and it performed flawlessly.  

A LOT of guys like the EGL/Maxpedition/Eagle floppy fold-up dumpers, though.  If it works for you, run with it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My vote?  If you're a big fella and have a lot of ass-cheek real estate, look at the... ...TAG/CSM version.    

How much belt space (inches) does that take up.  BTW thanks for all the links that you put in your post.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I have/used the Eagle SAS dump pouch. It is big, it is un-gainly, but...it holds a s&^#-load of mags and is built like a tank.

To each his own...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top