Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 1:13:06 PM EDT
I've looked around, and all I see are either drop legs that are totally kydex, or all nylon with thumb breaks.  I'm wondering about how practical this would be first, and second if anybody makes them.

I'm thinking having a kydex insert inside a nylon drop leg that will retail the pistol without thumb breaks, giving faster holstering and unholstering, but with the flexibility and modularity of nylon gear.

Any opinions?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
A few companies already make a product like that.  It's a nylon chassis that holds a kydex insert to retain the gun.  Spec Ops (Vapor, I think) and HSGI universal drop holster platform.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard good things about the HSGI Universal holster thingy.  But, I just use a Safariland 6004.  Why do you want a hybrid in the first place?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Blackhawk has extended its CCW line into a drop leg.
With this design, you have a mag-release type button below the trigger guard.  When you press the button, the weapon can slide out of the holster.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've heard good things about the HSGI Universal holster thingy.  But, I just use a Safariland 6004.  Why do you want a hybrid in the first place?

because you can - why use the shroud when you can use the HSGI platform that offers a more comfortable over duration wear.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Blade Tech's kydex drop leg holster has both. You fold the thumb break out of the way when you don't need it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top