Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2005 2:25:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2005 2:25:30 PM EDT by 82ndAbn]
www.lrbarms.com/pages/1/index.htm

Here are some pics with an Integral scope mount.

(text from site)
Below are pictures of our new M14 receiver featuring an integral M1913 scope mount forged and machined right into the receiver! We feel this will finally resolve the scope mounting issues inherent with the M14 and enhance an already accurate weapon! Receivers are marked "M25", and are finally in limited production. After field testing, we anticipate filling back-orders beginning November 2005. Receiver will be available in a standard and rear lug configuration. Complete rifles will also be available custom built to your specifications. Approximate dealer cost for stripped receiver beginning at $819.00....complete rifle prices will vary.

Receivers being Forged

Looks a little warm

Shot of inside of the Company

Contact Info
PHONE: 516-327-9061 Monday thru Friday 9am to 5pm eastern

E-MAIL: lrb.arms@verizon.net

FAX: 516 327-0246

WRITE: LRB of Long Island Inc., 245-06 Jericho Turnpike, Bellerose N.Y. 11001

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:16:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SPECTRE:

Originally Posted By Wave:
Was this advertisement approved by the Staff of AR15.com?

By the way you should really check out Lou's place in person.

Is it an ad or just someone posting information they found ?
YES....WE MUST BAN THIS....BAN IT NOW !!!!

Just posting information that I found.

I own several Springfield M1A's but always wanted an M14 type rifle with a Drop Forged Receiver.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:20:07 AM EDT

$819 bucks
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:21:22 AM EDT
UMM...

This is interesting....

You dont see FORGED M14/M1A receivers on the market everyday.

$800 + is a little steep for a reciever though...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:24:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cruze5:

$819 bucks

Yeah, no shit. I'm sure it's nice and all, but that's a lots of dimes for a guy like me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:24:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bostonterrier97:

Originally Posted By SPECTRE:

Just posting information that I found.

I own several Springfield M1A's but always wanted an M14 type rifle with a Drop Forged Receiver.

I have no problem with your post. I have seen these receivers but if i hadn't, I would be glad you posted this.
I'm sure the staff will take a different view.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:25:50 AM EDT
I approve!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:29:03 AM EDT
I see that it was the scope mount BUT......

from smith enterprises web page:

NOTE:

The M-1913 Picatinny Rail is designed for the use with U. S. Military Optics and Night Vision Equipment.

So this will be pointless to the civilian...... right??
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:31:22 AM EDT

NOTE:

The M-1913 Picatinny Rail is designed for the use with U. S. Military Optics and Night Vision Equipment.

I'd say just slap some decent rings on there, and you're still good to go.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:33:13 AM EDT
They have receivers available in standard and rear lugged configuration too
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:36:15 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:40:04 AM EDT
Tag.

Danny
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:43:41 AM EDT

NOTE:

Uh... it's no different than a flat-top AR15, just with two small sections of rail instead of a long rail.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:46:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pv74:
UMM...

This is interesting....

Guess we can always import them from China. Oh wait, we can't because the ATF won't allow that. We could always use illegal labor to keep the price down. Oh wait, that'll take away jobs from REAL Citizens.

PV74...don't take this wrong. I'm not bashing you. I said this to make a point. If you want to live in America and produce jobs FOR Americans, prices will be a little higher. And it should be. Money should be moved around in the economy to stimulate jobs and give people the ability to live the American dream of owning a home, living well and not be under too much financial pressure because they can't find a job.

I'd gladly give an extra $100 to an American Citizen for their products, than to an illegal or another country, because that $100 will hopefully end up back in my pocket to spend again. Otherwise, we just make China's military stronger, take our standard of living down in the "long run" and put ourselves at risk as a country. Which is what is happening now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:47:51 AM EDT

$819 bucks

Yeah fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:07:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2005 9:13:59 AM EDT by pv74]

Originally Posted By lippo:

UMM...

This is interesting....

Guess we can always import them from China. Oh wait, we can't because the ATF won't allow that. We could always use illegal labor to keep the price down. Oh wait, that'll take away jobs from REAL Citizens.

PV74...don't take this wrong. I'm not bashing you. I said this to make a point. If you want to live in America and produce jobs FOR Americans, prices will be a little higher. And it should be. Money should be moved around in the economy to stimulate jobs and give people the ability to live the American dream of owning a home, living well and not be under too much financial pressure because they can't find a job.

I'd gladly give an extra $100 to an American Citizen for their products, than to an illegal or another country, because that $100 will hopefully end up back in my pocket to spend again. Otherwise, we just make China's military stronger, take our standard of living down in the "long run" and put ourselves at risk as a country. Which is what is happening now.

Yes, I agree that outsourcing, CAFTA and NAFTA are doing the U.S. more harm than good.

The Norinco /polytech M14s were a joke. They are only worth buying for the forged receivers. If you want a decent rifle, you have to send it to Fulton Armory for extensive modifications.

I would buy one of these over a crappy Chinese copy, or even a Springfeild Armory gun anyday.

I understand the cost that goes into making these things, and the need to recover the investment.
Just saying that 800 bucks is a little steep for a hunk of metal. On the other hand, you cant find this particular hunk of metal anywhere else. The fact that it is made in the U.S. by obvious gun enthusiasts who know what they are talking about makes me think it will be a good product for a niche market.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:11:10 AM EDT

UMM...

This is interesting....

Yes, I agree that outsourcing, CAFTA and NAFTA are doing the U.S. more harm than good.

The Norinco /polytech M14s were a joke. They are only worth buying for the forged receivers. If you want a decent rifle, you have to send it to Fulton Armory for extensive modifications.

I would buy one of these over a crappy Chinese copy, or even a Springfeild Armory gun anyday.

I understand the cost that goes into making these things, and the need to recover the investment.
Just saying that 800 bucks is a little steep for a hunk of metal. On the other hand, you cant find this particular hunk of metal anywhere else.

What ever happened to Armscorp? Weren't they under $600?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:14:32 AM EDT
IBTL
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:19:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2005 9:28:17 AM EDT by pv74]

UMM...

This is interesting....

Just saying that 800 bucks is a little steep for a hunk of metal. On the other hand, you cant find this particular hunk of metal anywhere else.

What ever happened to Armscorp? Weren't they under $600?

But they are CAST, and not FORGED.
The only FORGED new production recievers were the Chinese guns. (importation banned)
The reciever was OK, the rest of the gun was crap.

Springfield Armory M1A receivers are CAST. They are good castings, but not as strong, and a bit fatter than the original USGI M14 receivers.

Forging is why original M1 Garand recievers are so good and why I will NOT buy a new Springfeild (Genesio, IL) Garand. The receivers are CAST in Australia, I believe. They are not bad, but they are not as strong as the originals.

Kind of like buying a Pedersolli Sharps (Good) or

A Shiloh Sharps (Excellent)

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:20:50 AM EDT
Very nice! Always wanted an M1a but never could afford one.

I have it's Grandfather though....M1 garand.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:26:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2005 9:27:02 AM EDT by pv74]

Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Very nice! Always wanted an M1a but never could afford one.

I have it's Grandfather though....M1 garand.

Ben

It's worth every penny. I have a Springfeild, and I might just buy one of these to go with it.
You wont lose money on your investment either. USGI M14 parts are not being manufactured anymore.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:28:47 AM EDT
819 is too much linguine for me, I'd love to buy one, ooh well..
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:38:01 AM EDT

+1,
Lou likes the free advertising, but it's better done on the Armory board and in a comparison to someone elses recievers.

And they are Hammer Forged
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:39:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By w4klr:
An M14 or M1A receiver?

M1A is a SA Inc Trademark
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:46:44 AM EDT
I for one appreciate these pics. Good to see there are some folks who are interested in making things the old fashion way. Now, the question is how good are they when they're blueprinted? If they're mil-spec, they'll be better than the casted stuff that Springfield, Inc. puts out. Post 50k serial # Springfield receivers have had some problems and the web (bridge) of the receiver has been improperly casted. The sloppy web (bridge) doesn't allow for the proper functioning of the tail of the firing pin. In theory, hard use will accelerate the wear on the tail and it can break.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:44:06 AM EDT
I dunno guys...I am not trying to pitch any particular product anymore than someone putting up a post about Bushmaster's AR's.

The point is that I never heard of this company. And You don't see a lot of companies making drop forged M14 receivers.

I know we all want the best we can afford. I own AR's, AK's, FAL's and a lot of other stuff.
Why so many different Rifles? Because I was curious about different designs and their weaknesses and strengths, and to see which design I liked best.

Which turned out to be the M14...

I think a better caliber would have been something like 7-08 or Remington 260 (6.5-08).

Could the M14 design be improved? Absolutely. A caliber change, a fluted barrel to aid in heat dissapation and weight reduction, a three lug bolt instead of 2 lugs, a fluted Chamber to further aid extraction, etc.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:51:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

An M14 or M1A receiver?

I know I know! I was being a jerk!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:01:27 AM EDT
Complaints, complaints, complaints. In hindsight, they should have incoporated a lug for and aft of the receiver for bedding purposes. Still, I give them a lot of credit for this product improved design.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:08:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2005 11:09:21 AM EDT by Stryfe]

Originally Posted By 4v50:
Complaints, complaints, complaints. In hindsight, they should have incoporated a lug for and aft of the receiver for bedding purposes. Still, I give them a lot of credit for this product improved design.

They do have a double lug reciever. Check out their website.
link
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:10:23 AM EDT

Not even if he gave me a free reciever.
No F'n'n way dude.

I hate forge plants passionately.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:00:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:01:37 AM EDT
An M14 or M1A receiver?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:10:01 AM EDT

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:34:49 PM EDT
tag for the lotto
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:44:03 PM EDT
A friend has an LRB receivered M1A. All the other parts are USGI. It's nice, really nice, but an $800 receiver is a bit steep. People will buy it though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:02:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 50cal:
A friend has an LRB receivered M1A. All the other parts are USGI. It's nice, really nice, but an $800 receiver is a bit steep. People will buy it though.

Look at the complete rifle price, and compare it to springfield and fulton-armory.
I don't think it's really too bad for what you are getting.

I'm sure you can pick up a springy for around a grand and have it upgraded and still be under the LRB.
But, at the rate I'm going, the LRB may well be my first, and possibly only, M14.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:17:11 PM EDT
With USGI parts prices going crazy, building up a complete rifle will be pretty pricey.
I built my last M1A on an Armscorp receiver and got off pretty "cheap" as M1A's are concerned.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:44:19 PM EDT
I have a PolyTech receiver that I had built onto a like-new TRW parts kit by Ronnie Morris out of Madison, TN. He bedded the USGI synthetic stock (which has a desert cammo pattern), unitized the gas system, reamed the flash hider, did a NM trigger job, and reparked the whole gun so it matched. I call it my "Semi National Match" rifle. The TRW chrome lined barrel gauged "0" for chamber erosion. Shy of an LRB receivered weapon this is as close as one gets to USGI. I probably have close to $1600 in it including the custom work. Of course then I had to get an ARMS#18 mount, ARMS#22 high QD rings, and a 10X Super Sniper scope---which takes the total to about $2100 or so.

M14's/M1A's ain't a cheap addition to a collection.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:01:30 PM EDT
I have a LRB, and since I have owned it, it has taking the role as "My Favorite Rifle" You can't beat 'em

When I was in the M14 Market last Winter, I made some calls around looking for a Fulton or a Springfield, and the price wasn't that much different. Fulton had a 26 week wait on a build and the SA Incs were aluck of the draw if you could find a Standard with USGI parts

I could go on for hours bragging it up and the people that have shot are simply awestruck.

Lou has the Best thing going right now, and hopefully he will take it to the next level by making Forged Oprods and Gas cylinders.

Here are a few pics of my LRB M14SA

Same LRB M14SA with a OD painted USGI Birch Stock and a Hawks Dummy Selector

Honestly it is the Best $2,000.00 I have ever spent on any rifle

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2005 7:28:07 PM EDT by chapperjoe]

An M14 or M1A receiver?

then whatever you do DO NOT look at LRB's logo!!! I don't think they like SA. Actually I knwo they hate it! Something about cast recievers.....

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:26:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 3:27:55 AM EDT by Different]
I've researched this. M1A is not a registered trademark. McMillan Fiberglass Stocks has a stock model named M1A (plus M2A and M3A) for the M14 type rifle. The name "Springfield Armory" is the registered trademark and belongs to Springfield Armory, Inc. of Geneseo, IL. That company began using that trademark name on November 01, 1974.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:52:59 AM EDT
Do a Google image search on Ordnance Corps; the reason their seal is similar to that of the company Springfield Armory will make more sense.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:08:10 AM EDT

I have a LRB, and since I have owned it, it has taking the role as "My Favorite Rifle" You can't beat 'em

When I was in the M14 Market last Winter, I made some calls around looking for a Fulton or a Springfield, and the price wasn't that much different. Fulton had a 26 week wait on a build and the SA Incs were aluck of the draw if you could find a Standard with USGI parts

I could go on for hours bragging it up and the people that have shot are simply awestruck.

Lou has the Best thing going right now, and hopefully he will take it to the next level by making Forged Oprods and Gas cylinders.

Here are a few pics of my LRB M14SA

images.snapfish.com/3445992%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D363%3D­437%3DXROQDF%3E232378%3B7884%3A8ot1lsi

images.snapfish.com/3445992%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D363%3D­437%3DXROQDF%3E232378%3B785984ot1lsi

images.snapfish.com/3445992%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D363%­3D437%3DXROQDF%3E232378%3B78529%3Aot1lsi

images.snapfish.com/3445992%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D363%3D­437%3DXROQDF%3E232378%3B7894%3C4ot1lsi

images.snapfish.com/3445992%3B23232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E272%3E3­46%3EWSNRCG%3D323287%3C6937%3A%3Anu0mrj

images.snapfish.com/3445992%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E272%3E3­46%3EWSNRCG%3D323287%3C697%3A%3B6nu0mrj

Same LRB M14SA with a OD painted USGI Birch Stock and a Hawks Dummy Selector

images.snapfish.com/3445992%3B23232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D363%3D­437%3DXROQDF%3E2323884%3B6%3B9%3B8ot1lsi

images.snapfish.com/3445992%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D363%3D­437%3DXROQDF%3E2323884%3B74533ot1lsi

images.snapfish.com/3445992%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D363%­3D437%3DXROQDF%3E2323884%3B75538ot1lsi

Honestly it is the Best $2,000.00 I have ever spent on any rifle

Aside from the reciever, are all the parts on his builds new USGI forged? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:15:03 PM EDT
I have a LRB rifle as well, and the answer is yes all parts are usgi aside from the barrel (but you can get them chrome lined like the mil spec type).
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:52:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mattld:

Aside from the reciever, are all the parts on his builds new USGI forged? Thanks.

Yes
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:35:20 AM EDT
Your LRB is sweet dpmmn!

Great looking wood stock on it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:38:56 AM EDT
For all the complaints of the $800 price tag for this new LRB reciever, what is the going price of some of the other receivers?

If you factor in the Forged -vs- Cast option, and price out a decent scope mount, then $800 seems like an absolute bargain to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:00:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ripcode:
Your LRB is sweet dpmmn!

Great looking wood stock on it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:09:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By lockedandloaded:
If you factor in the Forged -vs- Cast option, and price out a decent scope mount, then $800 seems like an absolute bargain to me.

This is a very good point. I would love to handle one of these as a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:56:32 AM EDT
I've got 2 LRB M14SA's,all USGI parts(TRW), These are the best M14 type rifles available today, I like my M1A's as well but LRB's are top notch

Longhunter
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:35:01 PM EDT
With going prices for forged receivers and the availability, I'd say that price is fair. I'd also say for $2k, that's a damn nice M14 using quality parts. Factor in the built in scope mounts, and I think that price is more then fair.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top