Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2001 11:25:47 PM EDT
"Dressed To Kill"
"From Kabul to Kandahar, It's Not Who You Are That Matters, but What You Shoot"

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14195-2001Nov25.html

It is snowing in Hell and pigs are flying and The Washington Post has an almost unbiased article about firearms.

It's worth a read. I doubt you will ever see The Washington Post offer a similar unbiased firearms article again in your lifetime.

If a mod wants to fix the url do so.

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Story.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That article is the sort of thing we should see ALL the time!

And the guy actually has a wit about him.  I particularly liked "...the ever-present PK machine gun on its bipod, the former squad automatic weapon of the Soviet army; it looks like it was designed by drunken plumbers in an Odessa hotel room while waiting for the hookers to arrive."

Priceless!
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#3]
We talked about this yesterday. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=73041
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We talked about this yesterday.

What do you want? Extra points for having a good memory, for being more observant of the content of the AR Forums than Goad, or are you just looking for an opportunity to piss and moan?

Far more annoying than duplicate posts are people who are compelled to point it out.

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Hugs and kisses to you, too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Very good article.  I think I'll save this one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#8]
What ??? Did aliens take over the Washington Post ?? Did anyone see any black helicopters flying over their biulding ?? This is pure proof of a right-wing conspiracy ! hock.gif
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#9]
It would be even better if the technical accuracy were improved.  For example, the fourth version of the 'old M16' was the M16A4 which is basically a flat-top version of the A2.  The '4' in M4 has nothing to do with what version of the M16 it is or is not.

BTW, just because he wrote this piece and is apparently the author some excellent novels doesn't mean he hasn't also printed some anti-gun garbage in the Post.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out some of Stephen Hunter's novel's. "Time to Hunt", "Dirty White Boys", "Black Light" and his best work .... but my damaged brain cannot remenber the name. Anybody read the one about the sniper framed for an attempted hit on the POTUS? Great book, and for all of the ATF types snooping ... number one, this is a work of fiction and number two, the hit was actually on a South American priest.
5'm assuming we all read since these forums are in written form.

[%$(]

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Check out some of Stephen Hunter's novel's. "Time to Hunt", "Dirty White Boys", "Black Light" and his best work .... but my damaged brain cannot remenber the name. Anybody read the one about the sniper framed for an attempted hit on the POTUS?

"Point of Impact"

I do enjoy Stephen Hunter's books.  He has obviously turned a neck or two in his time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Note that our own John Feamster was the technical advisor for "Point Of Impact."  Now you know...

-Troy

And one of the Viet Nam Marines from "Time to Hunt" was named Captain Feamster.  

www.wbanet.com/hunter/books.html

edited to TRY to link the url
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
The Washington Post? Hell that reads like it was from Shotgun News!

Maybe we can still save this once pround nation from the Clintonites.

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#15]
The Post reporter apparently didn't think Eugene Stoner deserved mention.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Written by Stephen Hunter? Does that ring a bell somewhere (Dirty White Boys, Time to Hunt, Black Light, Point of Impact)?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top