Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:28:07 PM EDT

I am in the market for a good soft case/shooting mat for my long gun, now that that project is well underway. If anyone has personal experience with these, please chime in.

I don't have any experience with them currently. The rifle will be a 20" AR with ACOG mounted, and I want the case to be in Coyote. I won't be using it as a drag bag, so it doesn't have to be the toughest product in the world. Mostly I will use it at the cement range or in the desert whenever I go out west.

I don't need the extra round loops I've seen on some of these cases, but a couple of exterior pockets would be good, especially if one of them will fit a suppressor. I can buy a Tac Force shooting mat bag locally, but I don't want to buy the first thing that crosses my path without looking into it first. Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:33:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 11:35:57 AM EDT by Duffy]
Try the Blackhawk Stalker
It has an inside pocket, it's inexpensive.
Couple of observations after using it:
1. The dang buckles! When you use it as a shooting mat, they're gonna stick up a bit under it
2. Its means of securing the rifle could be better. It has couple of straps and a deep pocket to secure the butt of the weapon, and straps on the outside (and their dang buckles!) to cinch the mat to become a case. I've seen a friend drop his gun out of the other end, muzzle first, on the cement, he wasn't a happy camper So if you use the shoulder strap, be sure which end is which, and shoulder the case in a proper orientation (rifle butt facing down).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:07:33 PM EDT
I'm a fan of Galati Intl. They have great product for less than crappy BLKHAWK
Top Top