Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2002 4:29:15 PM EDT
When I was in grade school in the mid to late 60's it was perfectly acceptable to bring your 22,410 or what have you to school on Fridays. This was so you could go to afriends home for the weekend to hunt or just shoot. You gave the teacher the ammo and stood your gun in the corner,no big deal. Nobody messed with them either. This was in a small town in Ky. Everybody knew what guns were. There was no mistery. Yes and all the boys carried a pocket knife,probably a lot of the girls too.
When I think of how life used to be, and how it is now it realy piss' me off.
What do you all think has this countries morals gone to hell or what
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When I was in grade school in the mid to late 60's it was perfectly acceptable to bring your 22,410 or what have you to school on Fridays. This was so you could go to afriends home for the weekend to hunt or just shoot. You gave the teacher the ammo and stood your gun in the corner,no big deal. Nobody messed with them either. This was in a small town in Ky. Everybody knew what guns were. There was no mistery. Yes and all the boys carried a pocket knife,probably a lot of the girls too.
When I think of how life used to be, and how it is now it realy piss' me off.
What do you all think has this countries morals gone to hell or what

Liberals is what happened. They ruin all the good things we have year after year. I hate them
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Liberals make crappy parents, thus yield crappy kids who grow up to be crappy people.

This combined with the influx of sewage from shit countries around the world has caused the errosion of our countries heritage!

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Think about your relationship with firearms and your parents. I can remember getting to go hunting with my family, respect for firearms was more than casual. Pointing a shotgun or rifle the wrong way resulted in severe consequences not easily forgotten. We knew the purpose of guns, and the real world wasn't a video game.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
A controlling influence on human will and appetite must be placed somewhere, for society cannot tolerate anarchy.  Men's passions and desires are controlled by two things:  Restraint from within themselves, or external restriaint.  The less one has of the former, the more the latter is necessary.  If the people in society are not going to control themselves, control will be imposed on them.

John Adams said it best "We have no government powerful enough to contend with human passion unbridled by morality and religion.  Our government was made for a moral and religious people, it is wholly inadequate for the governance of any other"

In other words, freedom requires responsibility.  Give up the responsibility and the freedom goes with it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I've taken my guns to school before!  It was my tactical shooting classes.  Haha I know just wanted to mess with you.

I don't have kids yet, but I know what people with kids have to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
too bad kids don't pack pocket knifes now maybe they wouldn't be getting abducted every day.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#7]
When my Mother was in school they had a school sponcered .22 rifle group that traveled around and competed with other schools. She used to take her rifle to school on the bus. When she got to school she would keep it in the classroom. Man I hate what has become of our freedoms
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
That's how we got around, the school bus. When it got hot out you could wear shorts and go bare foot. In the fall the county fair was a mandatory field trip. I'll bet most kids today don't even know what a county fair is. I've been to few latly and they are not fairs anymore.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys should see the looks I get when I pull out a copy of American Rifleman to read before class starts.  Try being pro gun on a college campus.  Not to downplay whats already been said, just adding to it.  With all the liberals around they act like I'm a freak for growing up going to church and owning guns when I was old enough.  This also reminds me of a story I saw on the news the other night.  I guy beat up his pregnant girlfriend and punched her in the stomach many times in the process.  The unborn child was killed and the guy has been charged with murder -- yet abortion is legal and just a routine surgery?  I'm in my early 20s and I have to wonder what this country will be like when I'm my parents' or grandparents' age.  I just have to think that as long as we dont give up there is still hope.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#10]
We kept shotguns in our High School Gym lockers because we hand trew trap on the baseball diamonds after school. I carried a Buck 110 folder in my back pocket next to wallet. From 5th grade to Senior in high school was an open campus, we were allowed to walk up town for lunch, they had not invented back packs then so that was not an issue. They had special classes for the intellectually challenged as in retarded kids because they needed it. If there was a repeat troublemaker, guess what little Johhny got kicked the hell out of school, also any student who did not speak the language would be in english class learning to speak the language.

Now my daughter has to eat with a plastic spork. Must carry books in a open sling no backpacks, of course campus lockdown no open forum anymore. Like a Roach motel the kids check in but don't check out. Now in public school if your not Chicano you are not the cool croud.

I blame it all on the Democrats and being pollitically correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top