Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2001 1:31:25 PM EDT
Ok guys, I own many 30 rd. mags but I am interested in getting a couple of nice 10 rd. mags for my AR-15.  I tend to shoot from sandbags a lot and 30's just don't let me get comfortable because of the length.  I would even take 5 rd. mags if someone makes these.

Thanks for any help I can get.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My Bushy 10 round mag is crap.  I would try one of the colt mags from CDNN investments instead.

Live Free
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking at the polymer 10 round magazines at DPMS...and waiting for someone to comment on them. They LOOK very nice...
goto
http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=90&CATID=494&ObjectGroup_ID=1372
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a pair of them from CDNN about six months ago.  I think I paid like $6.99 or something like that??  I knew they were cheap enough to toss if they didn't work out.

I have fires about 300 rounds from one of them without any problems.  I never opened the second magazine.  If I found them again, I would buy more.

OSA
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I was wrong on the price............it was $9.99.  The bad news is that they are out of stock.

store.yahoo.com/cdnn/proforfac102.html

OSA
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been looking at the polymer 10 round magazines at DPMS...and waiting for someone to comment on them. They LOOK very nice...
goto
http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=90&CATID=494&ObjectGroup_ID=1372

I agree, and transparent too.  But for $19.95, I think I'll stick to USGIs for the same price...
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a few Armalites 10rds at a gun show a few months ago for $10/mag. I thought at the time it was a good deal. They feed pretty good.
Haven't had any problems yet, but I think that next year, I'll give them a good workout. I picked them up so that I wouldn't have to wear out my 20s when shooting CMP. I also just picked up a shorty Colt (5 rounds?)at the last gun show I was at for $5. I really like it because it fits flush into the mag well. I ended up putting my single shot follower in this one. I gotta go and give it a try yet.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both pre-Frankenstien and post-Frankenstien Bush mags. I have no problem from either one.  The Colt is good. It can open up for cleaning, however; the both the mag spring and follower are a weak design. I had to mod some my Colt mags because of full compression problems. The DPMS right now are a hit and miss. I brought four and sent them back after finding out that the last round jams the action. I go them back and two of them still does that.  Should wait until they got it problem solved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top