Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2001 7:38:35 AM EDT
I'm stuck in Kalifornia.  We kept electing fools like her that flip flopped on the 2nd amendment and look where we are now!  If any of you live where she's running your a fool if you trust this bi--h.  If you want your state where mine is now go ahead and elect her.  Can u say political expediency?.... I knew you could.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4982-2001Nov23.html

Dole Alters Gun Control Stance
In Quest for GOP Nomination in N.C., Dole Caters to Right

By Charles Babington
washingtonpost.com Staff Writer
Friday, November 23, 2001; 7:35 AM

As a Republican presidential candidate, Elizabeth Dole took notably moderate stands on gun control. She supported a ban on assault weapons and a three-day wait for purchases at gun shows. She criticized state laws letting people carry concealed weapons.

Now that she's running for the Senate in North Carolina, Dole has changed her stance on all those issues. In a recent letter to the state's premier gun-rights group, she said, "We do not need new restrictions on those who already observe the thousands of gun laws on the books.''

Dole's comments come as she parries attacks from the political right in her quest for the GOP nomination to succeed retiring Sen. Jesse Helms (R-N.C.).

In her short-lived 1999 presidential bid, she positioned herself to the left of George W. Bush on several issues, especially gun control. In a May 1999 speech in Washington, she said, "It's wrong to let people carry concealed weapons." She added: "While I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I simply cannot accept that in modern America you need an AK-47 to defend your family. I won't shy away from the tough issues, even if some in my party don't like it." Now, in a state whose GOP primary voters are staunchly conservative, she is shifting ........ (It goes on from there, check the URL)
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
She's right about the AK-47 being inadequate to protect your family.  

A fullauto AK-74 would be a much better choice.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Of course she changed her veiws.  If the candidate is more important than the office (and all candidates think so),  he/she will change his positions to get elected.

Even Gore was prolife before figuring out he didn't have much of a future in the DemocRAT party if he did not change his tune.

I can deal with this if she follows through.

Up here we have a bolshevic lying bastard weasel named Mark Begich who thinks he inherited a right to political office.  He did indicate that he would have canned the chief of police in Anchorage over his refusal to sign class 3 licences, though.  But so did the winner!  HA!  
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Demicans, Republicrats there all the same!
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]
During the New Hampshire primary in 2000, Liddy Dole had the gall- or stupidity- to get up in front of a Reublican audience at a fund-raising dinner in NH, to tell the TV news cams that she was against CCW and AWs. "What do we need these guns for?" was her sound-bite. As half or more of the people there were probably carrying at the time, the response was less than overwhelming. You could have heard a pin drop.

I trust her about as far as I trusted her husband, the lizard. Neither has any deep convictions about anything- esp. regarding the 2nd Amendment- other than saying and doing what is necessary to get elected and stay elected. Tell me, is she basically a less strident version of Hitlery?

Anybody that votes for Elizabeth Dole, deserves Elizabeth Dole.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
During the New Hampshire primary in 2000, Liddy Dole had the gall- or stupidity- to get up in front of a Reublican audience at a fund-raising dinner in NH, to tell the TV news cams that she was against CCW and AWs. "What do we need these guns for?" was her sound-bite. As half or more of the people there were probably carrying at the time, the response was less than overwhelming. You could have heard a pin drop.

Here in L.A. we had the same problem with one those local politcal types.  I can't remember his name off the top of my head at the moment, but he had to the nerve to say to the Korean Groc. Assoc. that they should ban guns, and of course there was dead silence in whole place. This was just a year or two after the '92 L.A. riots.
----
The guy's name was Micheal Woo.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Look at some of her past speaches.....she`s hung up on ak47`s...good...if that`s her idea of a "dangerous" weapon, she can leave all other types alone.......[-!-] her, and [-!-] her husband.........[-!-!-]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top