Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2013 11:20:41 AM EST
I have a MSAR E4. It works very well with Pmags, and the MSAR factory mag.

I tried it yesterday with Lancer 20 round mags, not thinking that I would have any problems. But it just did not like the Lancers, and double fed one after a few rounds.

Anyone else have similar issues? This is the first time I had used the Lancer mag on any rifle, but I have heard nothing but good things about them, so I don't think it was the mag itself - maybe something about the way the metal lips worked with the MSAR.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:51:00 AM EST
Lancers don't work in either of mine. While previous Generations of PMags work well the new M3 PMags don;t because of the so-called over travel ledge that's on them. Don't know why Magpul would put that ledge on the mags since I've never had issues with previous Gen PMags.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:24:24 PM EST
I wasn't pleased with my last range visit, so while it was still dirty I went to the range today, and tried the MSAR out again with the MSAR mag, and a Gen 2 Pmag.

No issues at all, with 40 rounds of cheap Wolf steel case ammo. So avoid Lancers or Troys with the E4 version of the MSAR, at least according to how mine works.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:23:57 AM EST
Lancers don;t work period, in the E4 P-Mags all the way..have fun
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:37:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By 1stID:
I have a MSAR E4. It works very well with Pmags, and the MSAR factory mag.

I tried it yesterday with Lancer 20 round mags, not thinking that I would have any problems. But it just did not like the Lancers, and double fed one after a few rounds.

Anyone else have similar issues? This is the first time I had used the Lancer mag on any rifle, but I have heard nothing but good things about them, so I don't think it was the mag itself - maybe something about the way the metal lips worked with the MSAR.

Thanks,
View Quote
I put an MSAR E4 stock on my AUG. The bolt doesn't lock back on Lancer AWM's. Works fine with Pmags, GI mags, GI's with Magpul followers, E-Landers, etc. I haven't tried shooting it using the Lancers though.
Disappointing, AWM's are my favorite magazine. Oh well.
Top Top