Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2006 1:33:04 PM EDT
Like the title says.

If not, why the lack of crying and whining about it like some are doing over the Sig 556?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, they're optional but I don't know what you're talking about; it's been complained about more than I care to remember...
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Guess I missed that somehow. I'll try to be more attentive in the future.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Why no crying like the 556. Because everyone wanted a 551 type rifle, not a fucked over rebuilt AR15.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The XCR can be had with or without iron sights. I say get it without so you can spend the money on better sights than the YHMs.

The reason every body is so pissed about the Sig is that not only does it not come with sights but there is no provision for mounting an aftermarket iron sight other than that stupid dovetail on the gas block which no currently available sight fits. Had they just put a rail there instead no one would mind.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The XCR can be had with or without iron sights. I say get it without so you can spend the money on better sights than the YHMs.

The reason every body is so pissed about the Sig is that not only does it not come with sights but there is no provision for mounting an aftermarket iron sight other than that stupid dovetail on the gas block which no currently available sight fits. Had they just put a rail there instead no one would mind.

+1.  If no sites come with the rifle at least put a rail on the rifle that you can mount sites to.  Sig really dropped the ball there.  The rest of the rifle I won't bitch about, but this was just stupid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top