Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 7:12:48 PM EDT
Can you guys point me in the right direction to get a threaded barrel for an AA glock 17 22lr conversion kit?   Also, would the Gemtech Outback be a good suppressor for this or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Gemtech Outback II is a great suppressor.  I have 2 and love them for their size/weight/reductiion.  However I shoot high volume, and 22lr fouls quickly.  As a result I picked up a SilencerCo 22Sparrow and have been very satisfied with it.  That is what I'd suggest for a 22LR all around suppressor.

Edit:  Color me corrected, I didn't know the following:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I use a Gemtech Outback II on mine.  

Just make sure that whatever you get it is lightweight.  The barrel MOVES on the AA conversion kits so if the suppressor is too heavy, it will not cycle.

I have found this to be an accurate statement.  My 22Sparrow and G19 AA function 90%, most likely due to the weight of the can.  The kit runs pretty much 100% without the can.  I'm ok with that kind of performance, especially because the 22Sparrow is such an excellent all-around .22 can, but if you want 100% reliability, go for the lightest .22 suppressor you can find.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can you guys point me in the right direction to get a threaded barrel for an AA glock 17 22lr conversion kit?

Get a qualified machinist to thread the factory barrel (don't need the extended one) and install a threaded-on step-up adapter.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can you guys point me in the right direction to get a threaded barrel for an AA glock 17 22lr conversion kit?   Also, would the Gemtech Outback be a good suppressor for this or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark

I got one for an AA G26 conversion from hi-desertdog.com that works well with a Gemtech
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Just make sure that whatever you get it is lightweight.  The barrel MOVES on the AA conversion kits so if the suppressor is too heavy, it will not cycle.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:28:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have found this to be an accurate statement.  My 22Sparrow and G19 AA function 90%, most likely due to the weight of the can.  The kit runs pretty much 100% without the can.  I'm ok with that kind of performance, especially because the 22Sparrow is such an excellent all-around .22 can, but if you want 100% reliability, go for the lightest .22 suppressor you can find.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Go straight to Advantage Arms they now sell threaded barrels. Cost me $137 shipped with thread adapter and protector. I just got mine Saturday and am using a Tac 65 with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]
So, I'm sitting here minding my own business and you guys cost me 136 dollars.  If your looking for the threaded barrel on the AA site it's hidden under the Q&A.  Will be shooting a Glock 21 host with an Outback II.  I hope I have it by Saturday, I will let you know how it works.  

I'm going to drink beer now before you guys make me spend anymore money.  At least this time it didn't cost me a 200 dollar stamp.

ETA...you have to have your cookie setting normal to use the site.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Go straight to Advantage Arms they now sell threaded barrels. Cost me $137 shipped with thread adapter and protector. I just got mine Saturday and am using a Tac 65 with it.

This is what I did. It cost more to thread a barrel than to buy a new extended threaded barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top