Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/14/2011 8:19:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/14/2011 8:20:24 AM EST by Razzman1]
Let's assume that it is of the proper quality and size. If I had a really nice piece of oooooold American black walnut, could I send off a chunk and have someone make me a Garand stock out of it? Has anyone done this, or heard of a company that does it? I think I might give Boyds a call and see if they do it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:09:50 AM EST
Wenig's stocks is who you're looking for
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:43:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By KiowaCreekRaider:
Wenig's stocks is who you're looking for

THIS

About 25 years ago I was a completely consumed trap shooter, home club was Elliot's Shooting Park in Raytown MO. I remember driving myself down to Warsaw, MO to a stock maker called Fajen Stocks. They built me an awesome adjustable stock for one of my trap guns.
What I remember the most was in the workshop they had one of the original machines that "cut" Garand stocks. What I remember was it was very similar to a key cutting machine, execpt instead of only cutting one stock at a time, it cut something like a dozen. It wasn't in operation but it looked like it could be.
If I'm not mistaken, Wenig bought out Fajen. I noticed in a Wenig catalogue the guy who helped me back in the Fajen days was pictured in the Wenig catalogue. His name is Elbert and he's with Wenig now. These guys know what they are doing...and they had some amazing peices of wood. Check their website:
http://www.wenig.com/

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:39:11 AM EST
I'm sure Macon Gunstocks is another reasonable choice that could do a custom stock for you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:30:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2011 4:31:59 PM EST by Razzman1]
Originally Posted By LavaTech:
I'm sure Macon Gunstocks is another reasonable choice that could do a custom stock for you.

Wow. They make some beautiful stocks. Thanks for the link.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:11:09 AM EST
Originally Posted By LavaTech:

Bigtime thanks for that link. Evidently Macon bought out Fajen, not Wenig like I thought. You gotta check out the grain of some of their walnut!

Top Top